My coach has what looks like what you're picturing.  It is probably a Buffalo IR "sensor" that receives the "signal" from a remote control and relays it to other electronic components that are inside nearby compartments that can't "see" the remote.  My Buffalo is a small box that has a number of wired outputs that are taped to the component's "receptor" on the face of (in my unit) the home theater,  DTV receiver and DVD player and recives a signal from the thingee you pictured.  The box is located in the upper compartment after the cabinet with the Winegard batwing antenna control.  There was no mention of the Buffalo in the owner's manual but figured out it's function with a little research.  Since it was only controlling the OE home theater, I purchased 2 more "receptors" for the DTV and DVD I added.  Neat function if you have electronic components behind a closed cabinet door.  Disclaimer!  All this was done just after I purchased the coach in 2010...but just found it on Amazon.  Buffalo Electronics IR Connecting block.

4 hours ago, lake49068 said:

My coach has what looks like what you're picturing.  It is probably a Buffalo IR "sensor" that receives the "signal" from a remote control and relays it to other electronic components that are inside nearby compartments that can't "see" the remote.  My Buffalo is a small box that has a number of wired outputs that are taped to the component's "receptor" on the face of (in my unit) the home theater,  DTV receiver and DVD player and recives a signal from the thingee you pictured.  The box is located in the upper compartment after the cabinet with the Winegard batwing antenna control.  There was no mention of the Buffalo in the owner's manual but figured out it's function with a little research.  Since it was only controlling the OE home theater, I purchased 2 more "receptors" for the DTV and DVD I added.  Neat function if you have electronic components behind a closed cabinet door.  Disclaimer!  All this was done just after I purchased the coach in 2010...but just found it on Amazon.  Buffalo Electronics IR Connecting block.

That's IT.  It is an INFRARED receiver that goes to a CONTROL BOX.  If you look at the AV Receiver (Amp) in the Home Entertainment center, you will see a small black "pill" that has a wire and is double stuck to the IR receiver "hole" in the Receiver.  I have TWO.  One in the front and one in the Bedroom.  The Receiver you have in your hand runs to the control box.  There is a wire (output) to a Transmitter.  That is the RECTANGULAR PILL that is on the AV Receiver.  Thus, when you push a button on the AV Receiver, that signal is received by the control box.  Then it is RE TRANSMITTED or sent to the Pill.  So, the Digital Code from say VOLUME UP is then sent, in nano seconds, to the receiver...so you can operate the AV Receiver with the door or cabinet closed.  NOW, they are NOT fool proof.  I lost a Box and one Receiver.  Replaced under Ext Warranty.

If you follow the wire on the remote back...it terminates or is plugged in to the Control Box.  Then there is one lead going to the PILL on the Receiver.  There is ALSO a power supply.  CAN'T recall, but THINK it is a 120 VAC power supply (think Phone Charger).  

As to the NAME... I had to DO A CHECK of my records....in other words.  HEY AMAZON....BUFFALO as key word in ordered?. 

BEIRE1 IR-E1 IR Emitter44; with LED

Put that in the Amazon Search.  BINGO.  That is the OUTPUT or Transmitter for one of these units.  NOW, I can't recall what the Receiver looks like. BTW, If you go to the Buffalo Site...they phased the IR100 out in 2018.  BUT, Amazon still has the Pill (Transmitter), Block (Control module) and power supplies.  Don't know about the Receiver or the EYE that you posted about?  OK...Best I can NOODLE OUT.  The Receiver (your photo) came with the IR-100.  Amazon does NOT have them...  SO, if you decide to check out or use....probably better off just buying a new system.  The new systems are now USB instead of "minijack" and Amazon had many brands.

Hope that clarifies it.  Thanks to Adam ( @LakeBob ) for posting the general thought.  Sometimes these things get buried so far in my "Monaco Mental Hard Drive" that they need extra "hints" to find them.