Power awning is loose-fix?

Thanks for reading this post about my awning that has become loose at the attachment points. The holes have become too sloppy to tighten the arm to the side of the coach . I’m not sure if I can simply go to a bigger size bolt or is there a better way to fix this problem. I saw a you tube that used a butterfly anchor but I’m not sure there is room to make it work-any thoughts?

Steve,

I have a 2006 Diplomat with the Carefree Eclipse awning.  About two years ago it was left open 🤦🏻‍♂️ and the brackets torn off the side of the RV in a windstorm.  

I was able to replace the 1/4” lag bolts holding it to the side of the coach that were ripped out with 5/8” lag bolts of the exact same length, and it has held up well.

Thanks Scotty-I just completed exactly what you did and I think it will be fine. I am new to this coach and need to research more on the awning and how it works. I think one of the reasons they striped out is the lag bolts have a shoulder next to the head and if the hole in the awning bracket is too small you wind up thinking all is tight but the bracket is not completely seated against the fiberglass. I also learned to turn off the switch for the awning as I was at the top of my ladder, drilling the bracket holes larger and the bit caught causing the awning to retract locking my drill in the mechanism!  I should charge for entertainment-haha! thanks again-Steve