Mirror Arm Adjustment

I have a 2008 Monaco Knight 40 SKQ. Are the arms that hold the exterior mirrors adjustable? I can't find anything in my manual. I did remove the bolt under the bracket but no movement. The mirrors do adjust from inside but I need to get the arms in a few inches to be able to pull into shop door.

Monaco Mirror.jpg

They look like Ramco Mirrors which I also own. There are two places to adjust the mirrors, one is the bolt holding the arm to the base and the other is located under the bottom of the mirror head itself. That allows you to first adjust the arm to its best location, Then you can swivel the head to get the proper sight and angle.

To get the arm loose from the base I had to remove the original bolt then install a 6 inch one all the way in until it stops. This allows you enough bolt to knock it with a hand sledge loosening it from the base. Some PB Blaster helps out too.

Thanks, I tried using a screwdriver on the bolt because I didn't have a punch, it didn't loosen it. I am going to get a longer bolt so I can get a good smack on it. I hate to sound dumb, what is a PB blaster- I assume its an aerosol can of?

Careful when you whack the arm that you don't hit too hard.  On the Discovery the screws are into weak material and the mirrors tend to vibrate.  The factory service in Indiana adjusted them for me and since then they have vibrated.

16 hours ago, rogers59 said:

I loosened the bolt  and had to take a punch and lightly tap it up to loosen the arm

Wayne

What Wayne says. The shaft that attaches the mirror arm to the body mount bracket is tapered. Tapping up from the bottom with a brass rod or a rod with a flat surface on the end should do the trick. Stand on a ladder so you can push against the arm. It can be quite difficult to get it to move the first time. Once you get the arm in the position that you want tighten the bolt back up and that will pull the shaft tight again in the taper.