Aquahot "Low Voltage" light on

Woody O

I replaced the water lines to and from the engine. When completed, I noticed the "low voltage" light on. What do I need to do to fix that? The AquaHot is a #AHE-100-04S.

Woody O

2006 Dynasty

I don't know about all models but our older Signature would reset this alarm simply by cycling the main Aquahot switch to off and back to on again.  I found this solution by accident after several times resetting the switch at the unit.  Then I also learned not to let the 12V DC get too low (11.3V) brought the alarm in on our coach.  Also the tech stated letting the voltage get under 11.8V caused running issues for the blower.  

17 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

The Aqua-Hot needs a good robust set of house batteries that are not allowed to be discharged less than 12-12.2 VDC. It won't run on poorly maintained batteries!

What happens is the blower speed is sensitive to voltage. If you run it below 12v, the reduced air velocity let’s the flame gets too close to the swirler where the air is blown in. The swirler is aluminum and can melt and then it’s ruined. So don’t run below 12v unless you want an expensive repair. 

I have not had to reset mine in many years but I think all you have to do is cycle the power on the diesel switch to do it.

bill g 06 Dynasty

• Like 1