2007 Signature Weatherstrip - Interior Engine Compartment Covers and Bottom of the Road Side Slides

On this topic, I recently ordered some of the aluminum coated foam to fix the insulation on the engine cover and sides of the engine compartment where it is coming apart.

I bought some of this heat shield foam stuff, but the adhesive will not stick, despite my efforts to clean under there.   Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/the-14100

Granville Barker

05’ Dynasty Countessa

Guest Ray Davis

Granville, I haven't tried what you are doing but I saw this and thought it may be what you need .     

3M™ Foam Fast 74 Spray Adhesive is a fast-drying spray adhesive that bonds foam and fabric to a wide range of substrates. Its permanent bond provides fast results to keep projects moving ahead. The non-yellowing formula dispenses easily in a lace-spray pattern and applies directly onto surfaces and materials where needed.

Image result for 3m spray adhesive for foam

I found some course opening stainless steel screening at a Hardware store. Had it cut to the size of the bedroom engine hatch minus clearance needed. Fastened it to that with small machine screws and fender washers. Held the insulation in place for the years we full timed.