Headlight DOT Numbers

Guest pamoor21

Guest pamoor21

My 2002 Monaco Executive has a DOT code of "DOT IP  AP2 K 98 GM 6K" on the drivers side headlight assembly. How do I convert it to make/model/year of the headlight so I can buy a replacement ?

19 minutes ago, pamoor21 said:

My 2002 Monaco Executive has a DOT code of "DOT IP  AP2 K 98 GM 6K" on the drivers side headlight assembly. How do I convert it to make/model/year of the headlight so I can buy a replacement ?

NAPA or any auto parts store.

53 minutes ago, pamoor21 said:

The number that starts with DOT is the DOT registration number. It is required to be imprinted on approved lenses to show it is a DOT approved headlight. There should be another number starting with a manufactured symbol of name like Hella, Sylvania, Depo, etc. then a part number. Look very closely at the lower edge of the lense, it is not easy to see sometimes.

I have a 2003 Executive and having been chasing this demon for 2 years. If they used the same headlights on your '02 they are from a 2002 Cadillac Seville. The only new ones I found are $600+, too rich for my blood. I have scoured junk yards in Phoenix area without too much success. There seems to be several on Ebay (used) but for the driver's side only. If you Google the above vehicle you should see pictures and you will know if your rig uses the same headlights. If you have any luck finding a source with a decent price please post your results or message me. In the meantime I have two very crappy looking lamps. I have tried everything to clean them but they are beyond hope. Mine even have some cracks. I rarely if ever drive at night so the clouded lenses are not a safety problem but they sure look awful. 

Good luck,

Ken

Guest Ray Davis

Ken,  Please forgive me but I thought surely you were mistaken but to my surprise only left headlights.  What's going on with Seville drivers ?  Are they all driving drunk ?  Another oddity,  Ebay said  Deville 46,135 hits, go figure .

It looks like you'll have to find a clean garage kept, driven by a little old lady 2002 Seville just to get its headlights .    :dance:

1 hour ago, Grampy OG said:

I have a 2003 Executive and having been chasing this demon for 2 years. If they used the same headlights on your '02 they are from a 2002 Cadillac Seville. The only new ones I found are $600+, too rich for my blood. I have scoured junk yards in Phoenix area without too much success. There seems to be several on Ebay (used) but for the driver's side only. If you Google the above vehicle you should see pictures and you will know if your rig uses the same headlights. If you have any luck finding a source with a decent price please post your results or message me. In the meantime I have two very crappy looking lamps. I have tried everything to clean them but they are beyond hope. Mine even have some cracks. I rarely if ever drive at night so the clouded lenses are not a safety problem but they sure look awful. 

Good luck,

Ken

I like the

New are $600. 

Nothing cheap about maintaining rvs, boat and aircraft as original.

Im sitting at Visone right now.

Quite a selection of everything 👌 

20201118_081943.jpg

20201118_082212.jpg

20201118_090438.jpg

20201118_082112.jpg

20201118_081940.jpg