AC gasket replacement

Steven P

I got an email from Steele Rubber and this seems simple enough.  I suspect my gaskets are original with the ACs on my coach.  I am not experiencing any issues currently, but on occasion I have to tighten the bolts in mine to stop leaks or condensation from dripping.  Now that I see how easy it looks to replace them, I am curious to see if anyone has used Steele Rubber for their AC gaskets.  Thanks. 

https://steelerubberrv.wordpress.com/2019/10/29/how-to-replace-your-rv-a-c-gasket/

I replaced the gasket on my neighbors 5th wheeler, it was a pretty simple job,  His came with the large rectangular piece and a 6" strip of the same material.  I had to cut the strip into 4 square pieces to place where the hold down bolts penetrate the roof that are located outside the parameter of the main gasket.

He just ordered his from Amazon, I think it was around $25. 

• Thanks 1

I have the drain pans that collect the condensate and drain it through tubing to he ground so it doesn't down the side of the coach.  I had been having a problem with the rear AC leaking occasionally but late last year I had a leak develop in the front. 

Here's a post I started when trying to find the 2 gaskets.  I included some pictures toward the end.

If you have a main duct in the ceiling it is probably better to cut the duct open and cut the foil tape loose before trying to lift the AC off of it, you'll have to cut it anyway to reattach the AC unit and seal it up.  Someone had lifted the AC prior to me working on it and they did not do a good job of sealing everything up, I am sure I had a bad recirculation problem.

Also, if you have a source for the closed cell type foam you can make your own gasket, just have to use the correct glue to put them together.  I paid +$120 for both sets of gasket and drain pans. 

Edited by jacwjames
  • Thanks 1