Are Sleep Number bed electronics sensitive to MSW power?

AlanC2

Like others here on the forum, I discovered a few years ago that our heated mattress pad controllers didn't like MSW power.  Now, I'm thinking about replacing our mattress with a Sleep Number Mattress but am hesitant because of the MSW issue that may exist.  We do a fair amount of camping off grid so it's a valid concern.  I've seen numerous conversations about over inflation due to altitude change, but nothing about power supply issues.  Thanks in advance.

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

We have a Sleep Number Mattress and are using an Inverter/Charger that is MSW. We have had no trouble with the controls not working properly in the 12 years we have had the coach. Keep in mind that most people only need to adjust their bed once for the right UNLESS as you mentioned you are traveling in higher altitudes and then have to make the adjustment. We experienced that phenomenon recently going out west and still had no troubles with the controls. Hope this helps

9 hours ago, Steve Hepfer said:

We have a Sleep Number Mattress and are using an Inverter/Charger that is MSW. We have had no trouble with the controls not working properly in the 12 years we have had the coach. Keep in mind that most people only need to adjust their bed once for the right UNLESS as you mentioned you are traveling in higher altitudes and then have to make the adjustment. We experienced that phenomenon recently going out west and still had no troubles with the controls. Hope this helps

Hmm, I've found the air slowly escapes over time. 

Usually reset each side every 6-8 weeks.

As to the OP question, can't say I've ever changed settings on inverter power.

Edited by 96 EVO

Like others, our coach came with the sleep number king matress.  Because of that we now have one at home.  The one in the coach, is dropped to "0" on both sides, to change sheets then reinflated that night, then not touched till next change of sheets.  I do not think we have ever inflated using the inverter, nor do I know if it is plugged into an inverter circuit.  But if Monaco installed it with a sleep number, you would think it would operate off the inverter if that is an inverter plug.  

I will note that I repiped the air line, from under the bed to top side, so that the matress could be slid down from the wall so the fitted sheets could be put on.    You cannot make the bed without moving the matress away from the night stands.   Our Matress is older as it has corded controls, not the newer wireless, if that matters.

Rich Cutler '06 Windsor