Aqua Hot piping

gjh2916

I have the same rig (queen 40). I don’t have a diagram of the waterlines but I do have the aqua hot book on this system if that helps. If you get anything please let me know I would like to have that also. I have a heat exchanger in the bedroom in the bathroom in the toilet area under the couch under the kitchen counter and in the front by the driver. I don’t know where a seventh one is in my camper where is yours? I did find out that the heat exchanger fluid lines  between the driver and passenger seats goes forward into the generator area and then down and back underneath the floor to the Aqua-Hot System. I also found that the heat exchanger fluid lines under the couch appears to go under the shower and bathroom sink in my coach.

Bill

I also have the aqua hot book. The seventh heat exchanger is in the basement compartment where the holding tanks are located the thermostat is in the bay next to the manabloc distribution panel. I know the heat exchanger under the sofa and the ones in the kitchen are in the same loop.

If I come up with a diagram I will let you know.

I just saw this post and yesterday, in preping the coach for the coming freeze in Houston, saw this thermostat again.  It is in the compartment with the inverter, and the Aquahot.   This is on the passenger side and the plumbing manifolds are on the drivers side with the water pump.   In the dump cabinet there is a rocker switch for bay heat, which I turned on next to the fresh water hose reel.   I assumed it was for freeze control.   I assume now that the thermostat on the opposite side is the control for that heat.   I thought it was a 12v heat system, are you saying it is part of the Aquahot and there is a pump associated with it?  I have never heard a pump come on.   For freeze control, I turned the front furnace on at 56 degrees using electric heat source for the Aquahot.  The storage garage has 30 amp power and the electric for the Aquahot pulls 15 amp.  I had drained and air purged all the lines previously, but we are projected to see as low as 3 degrees here one night and under 32 for three days, so extra caution never hurts.  The coach was purchased used, so I am still learning.

Rich

In my coach the plumbing manifold is on the passenger side in with domestic water pump and Aqua Hot system. The thermostat with a range from zero to 50 degrees is right next to the plumbing manifold. It has a remote bulb with a capillary tube extending into the next bay where grey/black and domestic water tanks are located. I set this thermostat between 35-40 degrees, when the ambient temperature drops below it's set point it turns a aqua hot pump and heat exchanger in the storage tank area. I do not have a rocker switch in the dump area on the drivers side. I only use this option when I am on the road in freezing temperatures. At home (Tennessee) in the winter I drain the tanks so I do not have to worry about them freezing.

Reference the comment about draining and purging the lines. After learning the hard way, I have had both an Aqua Hot rep and an Aqua Hot trained mechanic tell me to fill the lines with RV antifreeze (pumping fluid until pink runs out each faucet, etc. and then drain the tanks but not the Aqua Hot and the lines. If drained, under the right conditions condensation can cause enough water to form at a low spot in the lines inside the unit, cracking a line when it freezes. I would check with Aqua Hot before using drain and purge.