Verizon MiFi 8800L jetpack

I don’t permanently mount my antenna or jet pack. I keep my jet pack accessible and move it around the coach to get the best signal. I usually put the antenna in a window and check my download speeds and put it where I get the best signal. 

52 minutes ago, KevinH said:

Looks like it only comes with a 3 foot cord did you Mount it on the roof?

I sticks to the inside of a window with suction cups close to the Mifi. You want to move it around to find the best reception. I did purchase extensions for the cords so it could be as high up the window as possible. 

https://smile.amazon.com/uxcell-Female-Coaxial-Cable-Jumper/dp/B07V7V19JM/ref=sr_1_4?crid=18K4NZNXRULDL&dchild=1&keywords=ts-9%2Bextension%2Bcable&qid=1616701216&s=electronics&sprefix=ts-9%2B%2Celectronics%2C228&sr=1-4&th=1

Ive used this mifi for 2yrs 1 person no gaming $65 mon. never had a problem reception throttling back or other problems been everywhere no problems i would try it first .Dont fix if not broken

13 hours ago, USMC E-5 said:

Ive used this mifi for 2yrs 1 person no gaming $65 mon. never had a problem reception throttling back or other problems been everywhere no problems i would try it first .Dont fix if not broken

What use is the $65 per month?

Stream TV / internet access only/ or both?

I have a prepaid unlimited plan with no throttling. I am subject to network management during high traffic. This did cause us some issues during the winter here in Florida. We stream and I have a 4 camera security system. We were in a rural area that sees a large swing in population during the winter and there were times that my speeds were pretty much useless. 
it seems Verizon is the most popular carrier among RVers. I don’t think this is the norm but it was frustrating this winter. If internet is vital, I suggest having 2 options. T-Mobil was a better option at my park. Verizon was crawling at less than 5Mbs and t-Mobil was 20-30 consistently for 3-4 months. 

Verizon overall is the best option but there are specific situations where it may not be the best. 

I've been using one of these antennas for years.  A suction cup held it on the window all this time.  I used it with my Verizon "JetPack" for a couple of years before switching to FMCA TechConnect plan through Sprint that is a truly unlimited hotspot for $50/month (can be interrupted to reduce the costs when not being used).  The only reason it slows down is if the tower is overloaded and that hasn't been a problem for me.  I'm much happier with it than I was with the Verizon service.  I routinely maxed out the allotted 15Gb in less than a week with Verizon's so called "Unlimited" plan.  So far I haven't been anywhere without Sprint's service but I've still got my phone with Verizon that could be used for a hotspot if I get somewhere one carrier doesn't offer service and the other does.  I did find a spot outside of Clarksville, MO that had neither requiring a trip to Louisianan, MO to get online.  There was roaming cell service but no data service at all at that campground.  

https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Connector-Amplifier-Directional-Broadband/dp/B07RL6RBW6/

image.png.86b83f0c393d47e8226ce27b3b87e712.png

Edited by Moonwink

On 3/24/2021 at 1:00 PM, Duey59 said:

William,

Thanks for the reply. Is this what they look like? Just trying to make sure we are taking about the same part. Really appreciate the help!

image.thumb.png.24bc7666d81d9ff9a5ed77db8b3a3f36.png

MH Rookie            I use Verizon MIFI for everything on internet streaming amazon roku local tv does what i needPhone. NO CABLE iove it $65 a month i'm a full timer