2002 Diplomat Headlight Replacement

Hi all! I ordered up a set of stock headlight housings to replace mine (they're yellowed). Anyone taken the headlight housings out? Was assuming I'd just look in from the front and see the mounting screws but not so much. Would love any guidance. Just need to remove and replace. 2002 Diplomat 40DST.

Previous owner replaced ours (2003 HR Endeavor) with units for 2000-2002 Lincoln LS made by TYC through Amazon.  They're close but not a direct fit and get a GREAT view up to 50 ft.  The TYC's are no longer available but maybe another Taiwan replacement.  I just got done shimming the mountings which might get me in range for the adjusters.  Not sure when I'll get to try them at night.  You want a 2" drop at 25 ft. 

I've heard late 90's BMW 3 series are the ticket.   

Another option is a headlight restoration kit.  Just be sure to apply a UV sealant to prevent re-yellowing.  Because this is a factory fit this would be my personal preference.  My LS headlights are just screwed in with alum brackets and sheet metal screws. 

Best,

- bob

I have a 2004 Camelot. I ordered a complete set of lights for the same reason, faded lens. The lens sent did NOT match. I wanted to return those and after 2 months of letters Amazon gave me a return credit. I did order one at a time new TYC lens. It took two orders ( my fault) the lights matched perfectly . Installing was easy just time consuming.  My original lights were about 150' in front on high beam. I found that the lights were not able to be adjusted because the way they were installed. My new lights are AWESOME. Use the number on the headlamp for the proper light. Mind were for Chevy Silverado

I ordered a set of lights on Amazon, a direct replacement but not OEM. It took about two hours to remove the first one and an hour on the second. You should expect to get your hands scratched, it is tight quarters. Two of the screws can be accessed through the generator compartment, the third one is accessed by laying on your back and reaching up from the bottom. Well worth the effort. I never plan a trip to drive at night, but the new lights look great and work much better than the old.

BTW, I found I could look into the high beam (lights off) and see the LED magnified by the lens.  By centering my vision on the LED I can determine pitch.  On top of the assembly there's a sight glass with a bubble but it's very hard to see. 

The adjusters are a 4 mm male hex sticking up vertically from the back of the units.  One for U/D the other for L/R. 

- bob

I replaced mine on a 2001 Diplomat. I ordered the new ones from Amazon they were made by TYC and if I remember they were for a mid 80's Ford van. The shells that hold the headlights are bolted to the cap from the rear using self tapping metal screws. Removing & replacing these almost made me loose my faith in my abilities. I removed my gen door to make it possible for me to do this. The passenger side was not that hard but the drivers side was painful at best. I have pictures that I am attaching that I took. I tried to think of a way to remove the lights and leave the buckets in place & could not do it.

P6230007.JPG

P6230008.JPG

P6230009.JPG

P6230010.JPG

P6230011.JPG

P6230012.JPG

P6230013.JPG

P6230014.JPG