PAC Brake

John Douglas of Action Mobile located in Orlando would be happy to service your PacBrake.

407-851-1800

They are my "goto" shop for all engine repairs and service. They replaced my cracked exhaust manifold a year ago at a fraction of what the Cummins shop in Orlando wanted to do the same job.

I was there 2 weeks ago to have my engine and generator serviced with fluids and filters.

First question is; is this your original brake.? If so, it's not worth fixing. On my 96 Dynasty the exhaust brake was somewhat ineffective. I replaced it with a new PRXB directly from PacBrake. What a difference !!! I'm sorry I don't have the part number as my maintenance manual went with the coach when I sold it, but you can call or email PacBrake directly. They were very very helpful...... Here's their contact info...Dennis 

800.663.0096 / pacbrake.com/PRXB.

Thank You Richard really appreciate response I will check John out

Thanks Dennis

It is original I can't tell if its working or not it seems to downshift the transmission but not very effective.. Who would I get to install it does Pacbrake have authorized service team

19 hours ago, Dennis H said:

First question is; is this your original brake.? If so, it's not worth fixing. On my 96 Dynasty the exhaust brake was somewhat ineffective. I replaced it with a new PRXB directly from PacBrake. What a difference !!! I'm sorry I don't have the part number as my maintenance manual went with the coach when I sold it, but you can call or email PacBrake directly. They were very very helpful...... Here's their contact info...Dennis 

800.663.0096 / pacbrake.com/PRXB.

When I bought my 1993 Dynasty, the Pac brake wasn't working at all.
A quick troubleshoot revealed the quick release valve was blown and the PAC wouldn't close at all.
I replaced the quick release valve and it is now very effective at controlling my speed.
I can descend a 6% grade with my enclosed race trailer in tow, and not even have to use the service brakes.
I control the speed by manually selecting what gear I need.

Rob, I replaced mine while at a campground. Pretty easy to install. Couple bolts, a wire and an air line IIRC Spray the thing with PB blaster and let it sit overnight. That should allow the bolts to come off easily. Took about 20 minutes. If you're not mechanically inclined or just don't want to fuss with it, any mobile mechanic can do it for you. Best place to look for one is rvservicereviews.com, put in your city and pick one......Dennis

Edited by Dennis H

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2021 at 3:36 AM, dl_racing427 said:

When I bought my 1993 Dynasty, the Pac brake wasn't working at all.
A quick troubleshoot revealed the quick release valve was blown and the PAC wouldn't close at all.
I replaced the quick release valve and it is now very effective at controlling my speed.
I can descend a 6% grade with my enclosed race trailer in tow, and not even have to use the service brakes.
I control the speed by manually selecting what gear I need.

I noticed my exhaust brake wasn't working today. After a bit of poking around at a rest area, it started working. The brass knob (circled in pic below) spins freely and wobbles; seems like some kind of air release. Turn it just so and the cylinder works when you press the brake button, otherwise you just get a hiss of air through a valve.

Where did you get the air release valve? Is this the part you replaced? 

Jim

IMG_6191.jpeg