Air Conditioning upgrades

I replaced my rear duo therm on my 2004 Diplomat with the Houghton 15 btu with the heat pump and remote controlled (right around $1150 delivered). I bypassed the rear station on my thermostat, and have the heater hooked up to the front station that still has the duo therm unit. This unit works great, and is super quiet. I live in the high desert area of SoCal, and we recently had temps in the low to mid 90's.  I just ran this unit to see how it does,  and it kept my entire RV at a comfortable temperature with it set at 74 deg. This draws about 3/4 of the load that the Duo therm does. So far I am happy with it. I will be spending several months this summer along the coast, so I will see how it does with the heat and humidity. If it does well, I will probably the front unit with one also. It's not quite a convienient as having everything run off from one thermostat (These will not work with a wall mounted thermostat), but I can deal with that issue.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2021 at 4:57 PM, Howard said:

I replaced my rear duo therm on my 2004 Diplomat with the Houghton 15 btu with the heat pump and remote controlled (right around $1150 delivered). I bypassed the rear station on my thermostat, and have the heater hooked up to the front station that still has the duo therm unit. This unit works great, and is super quiet. I live in the high desert area of SoCal, and we recently had temps in the low to mid 90's.  I just ran this unit to see how it does,  and it kept my entire RV at a comfortable temperature with it set at 74 deg. This draws about 3/4 of the load that the Duo therm does. So far I am happy with it. I will be spending several months this summer along the coast, so I will see how it does with the heat and humidity. If it does well, I will probably the front unit with one also. It's not quite a convienient as having everything run off from one thermostat (These will not work with a wall mounted thermostat), but I can deal with that issue.

sure would love to hear a review on this particular a/c unit now that you've had it awhile.  Are they as quiet as they claim?