Low air brake alarm temporary silence

Jeff H

27 minutes ago, Jeff H said:

Hello

Has anyone "silenced" the low air alarm? 

I would like to be able to silence the alarm for a preset interval when leveling or at start up.

IF you have a Auxiliary air compressor on board, connect it to the Quick disconnect for airing up tires, etc. on the coach. Usually found in the Genny Compartment. Negates running the engine to air up, before running slides in.

Sure, install a switch in the panel and cut one wire to the alarm and route thru switch. Could even use momentary switch if you are worried about turning off. If you really want to get fancy install a time delay relay between the switch and buzzer and set it for a few minutes. The alarm Will then be enabled automatically.

2 hours ago, Steve Maurer said:

Sure, install a switch in the panel and cut one wire to the alarm and route thru switch. Could even use momentary switch if you are worried about turning off. If you really want to get fancy install a time delay relay between the switch and buzzer and set it for a few minutes. The alarm Will then be enabled automatically.

Have a part number by chance for the time delay relay?

5 hours ago, Paul A. said:

IF you have a Auxiliary air compressor on board, connect it to the Quick disconnect for airing up tires, etc. on the coach. Usually found in the Genny Compartment. Negates running the engine to air up, before running slides in.

No Aux genny unfortunately

4 hours ago, Steve Maurer said:

That was my first thought but there are 6 wires going to the alarm.  I don't want to cut the wrong one.

2 hours ago, Corkman said:

Have a part number by chance for the time delay relay?

It is overkill but I was going to grab a CX21 door sequencer from work.  We use them on automatic doors.

The buzzer is an Enertech 4470-30.  There are 6 wires.  There is 12DC between the red and black always.  between the black and a white there is 12VDC when the key is on and then between the black and another white there is 12Vdc when the alarm is off.