Fault Code on Panel after having rear tires changed.

Dbircky

Last evening, after having all six rear tires replaced, the Valid Air panel is showing a fault, rapid flashing of both power and travel buttons and a single red dot in for the right rear wheels. The dot is the one closest to the driver. If I hold the travel button down, the vehicle display shows all green lights. The MH looked level sitting in their parking lot. Additionally, the parking brake light didn’t immediately go off when that brake was released (stayed on for two or three minutes). After shutting off the engine, I pulled the fuses fir the system and turned off both chassis and house battery circuits. Everything looked fine, all 10 bags inflated, no sound of leaking air with 110 lbs in both tanks. Restarted and headed down the road. Within 2 miles the alarm was going off and the same fault showing. Will be heading back to the shop, but wondering if any experts with this system have an idea what happened. I’m guessing a sensor or something got knocked off, but can’t reconcile in my mind why the fault doesn’t immediately show. Air pressure stayed over 105 psi on the way home. The shop is only 10 miles from the barn, I stopped once on the way home and cut all power again, and the same thing happened. As the entire trip is all 45 mph or less, I can’t say if the active leveling is working as it should going down the road, but I’m guessing not as it will not engage the auto mode when parked. Any ideas?

2009 Monaco Camelot 42pdq with Power Gear/Valid Air (factory installed ) air only leveling.

The tire dealer has made arraignments with a local heavy truck repair faculty to look at it tomorrow.  Does anyone know if OTR trucks have a similar system?  I'm guessing not, but I don't have a pit in the barn to get fully underneath to work on the system.  

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dbircky said:

Last evening, after having all six rear tires replaced, the Valid Air panel is showing a fault, rapid flashing of both power and travel buttons and a single red dot in for the right rear wheels. The dot is the one closest to the driver. If I hold the travel button down, the vehicle display shows all green lights. The MH looked level sitting in their parking lot. Additionally, the parking brake light didn’t immediately go off when that brake was released (stayed on for two or three minutes). After shutting off the engine, I pulled the fuses fir the system and turned off both chassis and house battery circuits. Everything looked fine, all 10 bags inflated, no sound of leaking air with 110 lbs in both tanks. Restarted and headed down the road. Within 2 miles the alarm was going off and the same fault showing. Will be heading back to the shop, but wondering if any experts with this system have an idea what happened. I’m guessing a sensor or something got knocked off, but can’t reconcile in my mind why the fault doesn’t immediately show. Air pressure stayed over 105 psi on the way home. The shop is only 10 miles from the barn, I stopped once on the way home and cut all power again, and the same thing happened. As the entire trip is all 45 mph or less, I can’t say if the active leveling is working as it should going down the road, but I’m guessing not as it will not engage the auto mode when parked. Any ideas?

2009 Monaco Camelot 42pdq with Power Gear/Valid Air (factory installed ) air only leveling.

The tire dealer has made arraignments with a local heavy truck repair faculty to look at it tomorrow.  Does anyone know if OTR trucks have a similar system?  I'm guessing not, but I don't have a pit in the barn to get fully underneath to work on the system.  

Thank you.

There isn't anything I know of that a tire change could affect on the Valid system.  There are no sensors near the tires.  Here's the Valid manual and the air levelling diagram.  You did good in cutting all power to it but did you also isolate the solar panel electric?

To reset the leveling system:
1. The coach must be stopped.
2. Press POWER to turn on the leveling controller.
3. Press and hold POWER until an alternating tone is heard. The system will
turn itself off after this.
Resetting the system is the same as pulling and replacing all three fuses for the keypad,
front and rear sensors; fault codes are cleared and the saved configuration values are read
from the EEPROM.

Leveling System Color Diagram.pdf Levelling Service Manual VTL05M001-SM.pdf

Edited by Hypoxia

Thank you for the diagram and manual!  I didn't think about the solar electric, will isolate that also.  It appears the fault code is the in Rear right height sensor or right tag valve, based on the manual.  I wonder if them jacking the back up might have just pulled a plug enough to cause a disconnection.  The system was working perfect until I took it in for tires.  It doesn't make sense to me either.   I'll slide under and see what I can do before heading to the shop in the morning.  Thank you again for the materials.  I'll take a copy with me for them.  

• 2 months later...

Resetting didn't correct the problem.  

Here's the sequence of what is going on.

Parked, engine off, both power switches off.

Turn power switches on.

Turn panel on

Start engine

Select "Auto".  It auto levels.

Select "Travel" "FAULT" light is on, per the trouble shooting guide: "Rear right ride height sensor or right tag valve".  Once moving at about 5mph a constant beeping starts and continues until stopped.  If moving again, beeping comes back.

I am now at the second shop, recommended by PowerGear, with no resolution after them spending two days looking at it.  There are zero air leaks, the valves all check fine as does the rest.  They are now suspecting the control panel, wiring harness, or computer.    I pulled the control panel, it's very clean and no signs of corrosion or other water intrusion.   Am I at the point where we just start replacing parts?

Has anyone had a similar issue, and did you ever fine a resolution?

It does seem to drive okay, but I don't trust why I keep getting the alarm and am concerned that there's a reason for it that could cause an issue later.

Thank you.

I forgot to add, they can't test the control panel.  

Am I going to be better off just making a trip to Iowa and having the HWH system put in?  I have the air only system (no jacks, nothing hydraulic).