Kwikee Steps Problem

My Kwikee single step continues to run for 5-10 seconds when opening or closing the door.  They do not lock in place unless I pull on them.  When they retract they continue to run for a brief period and I must push them in.  They often will not lock into a fixed position.  Should I remove the steps and clean them thoroughly or is there a limit switch problem or ??

Gary B. 

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

More than likely you have a missing  tooth on the gear.  They break off from getting in a bind or stepping on the steps before they are fully extended.  I had the same issue on my rv.  Found the gear online and replaced myself.

Edited by Bootlegger

Sounds like internal motor issue, could be the plastic gear which is replaceable for about 20 bucks or in the case of the step motor on my 07 Knight the metal piece that drives the gear on the outside of the motor got stripped. Fixed it with JB weld untill new motor arrives.

Just replaced the step motor and controller on our 2001 Holiday Rambler. It was doing the same thing your is doing. I took it apart and found some corrosion in the motor. Decided to order the replacement kit for mine because certain parts weren't available any longer. The new parts were very easy to install and were plug and play. If you call kwikee they will give you all of the info you would need to repair or replace yours.