Slide won't move in or out.

Trying to help out a couple who are stuck in a Walmart parking lot.  He has a 2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XL. 34ft. 

His living room slide is hydraulic. He has 13.5 volts to the solenoid. When we hit the switch to move it in or out you can the solenoid click but the pump motor won't engage. The Reservoir is full. 

We have haunted all over for a way to manually move the slide in, but to no avail.  

Any ideas on how to get the slide moved in? 

The only thing I can think of is removing one of the hydro lines to the cylinder and pushing the slide in then blocking it so it can't move out. So he can get it to a shop.

Thanks for any help,  I'm stumped. 

Don't know that coach but on my old Fleetwood electric rack & pinion slide there was a pin that could be removed and the slide moved manually with a wrench.  I'm sure this is much different, but also thinking there's a coupling mechanism that could be de-coupled. 

Eventually you'll find it's something really simple . . . .

Oh, and the parking brake had to be set.

Good luck,

- bob

28 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Trying to help out a couple who are stuck in a Walmart parking lot.  He has a 2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XL. 34ft. 

His living room slide is hydraulic. He has 13.5 volts to the solenoid. When we hit the switch to move it in or out you can the solenoid click but the pump motor won't engage. The Reservoir is full. 

We have haunted all over for a way to manually move the slide in, but to no avail.  

Any ideas on how to get the slide moved in? 

The only thing I can think of is removing one of the hydro lines to the cylinder and pushing the slide in then blocking it so it can't move out. So he can get it to a shop.

Thanks for any help,  I'm stumped. 

If its a Lippert, the manual tells how to remove rubber plug on end of motor to spin it with an attachment and electric drill. Plus you have to know which solenoid to use I think a hex key to loosen or a set screw to activate in or out for the slide. Im sure I have Lippert manual but depends on your set up. I could email the manual our go online and download . 

Edited by Gary M
  • Like 2

I had a similar problem.  My leveling legs wouldn't lift either, on our Monarch 2013 (gas engine) model.  A delay module had failed.  I ordered the part from Lippert - $20 for the part and $70 for overnight shipping as I recall.  The delay module is in the attached photo.  I think it failed from the wiring loom put part way around the part, then tightly taped together.  You can see in the photo the dents in the part from the loom corrugations.  I think the purpose of the delay is to allow the hydraulic pump motor to start and build pressure before any solenoids are opened, but on this I may be wrong.  The delay is about 0.9 second.  I hope this is helpful. 

Failed Electrical Component Slide Jack Front.jpg

On 9/19/2021 at 11:29 PM, BobSchmeck said:

Thanks ,we found what yiu were talking about and got the slid in. It is a lippert. 

Thanks 

@BobSchmeck, I salute you for helping those folks, whoever they are.  I know they appreciate you.  Being stranded is no fun.