Fuel tranfer pump on Cummins eng.

Has anyone had to change the fuel transfer pump.  Ours is leaking. I ordered one from Cummins $$$ pricey little bugger. $480 + tax & shipping. Been trying all day to get a price for labor with no luck. So it looks like I will have to do it myself.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

If you happen to know a mechanic in Farmington NM.  Send me his number.  🙃👍

Going on the 3rd night at Sam's Club parking lot. 

Photo 2.jpg

52 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Jd

Cummins 330hp 

Manufactured in 2020

Ok then what I posted. Get rid of the problematic lift pump all together 

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Diesel-Fuel-System/UP95G-Heavy-Duty-Lift-Pump-for-Cummins-ISC-ISL-CAPS-Fuel-System

I can send some pics of the install if needed 

Edited by JDCrow

Bob S.

If that is a photo of your leaking pump, and it is not leaking on the ground, seems minor enough to continue... I unknowingly drove mine from South FL to Memphis with a pump leaking worse than that.... never mind if that is not a current photo...

ASAP, bypass that expensive pos with a FASS pump or FASS pump/filter system.....

Ken 

1 hour ago, Cubflyer said:

Bob S.

If that is a photo of your leaking pump, and it is not leaking on the ground, seems minor enough to continue... I unknowingly drove mine from South FL to Memphis with a pump leaking worse than that.... never mind if that is not a current photo...

ASAP, bypass that expensive pos with a FASS pump or FASS pump/filter system.....

Ken 

Yes I noticed it leaking onto the ground.  Not supper bad. I  decided to get the pump for a little insurance.  Better safe than sorry. I  have about 600 miles to go without a major town near by. The leak is not very bad right now. Hope it holds till I get home. 

Cummins labor estimate finely came through $850 labor & shop supplies, just about shit my pants.  Total bill very close to $1,300. 

3 hours ago, Hypoxia said:

Lots of us have had good luck removing it and tightening the 3 bolts that squeeze the gasket.  That fixed one on an ISC I owned.  Sometimes they leak through the electrical wire hole.  I don't know of a cure for that.

_Cummins-06T5-18-LiftPump.docx 3.38 MB · 13 downloads

Darn, won't download.  

3 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Ok then what I posted. Get rid of the problematic lift pump all together 

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Diesel-Fuel-System/UP95G-Heavy-Duty-Lift-Pump-for-Cummins-ISC-ISL-CAPS-Fuel-System

I can send some pics of the install if needed 

Thanks for the information.  Will have to look at that. Cummins is getting a pump to me tomorrow.  I  hope. 

I'm going to proceed with my old pump,  but at least I have a spare incase of a major failure.  

The labor was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Here's what I just learned. 

My brother just explained this to me.  

It’s for an ISC or a ISL engine.. you have a B- 5.9 liter engine. Also a whole different fuel system. Won’t work for your set up.

The pump that JD posted won't work for my engine.  

Sorry about that, I'm used to a 330 Cummins being an ISC, my 02 Dip is an ISC. There are FASS or AIRDOG systems for ISB, probably more so since there were a whole lot of 5.9s floating out there

34 minutes ago, Cubflyer said:

Bob S,

What??  I don't want to challenge your brother.... but if the photo you sent is of your engine and you have a 2001 Dip...... you have a Cummins 8.3 ISC 330 hp engine.

https://www.rvroundtable.com/wp-content/uploads/Monaco/Diplomat-LE/2001.Diplomatle.pdf  see page 4

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2001/Monaco

Ken

LOL, I wasn’t going there. Lift pump is totally different on an ISB. Also I believe stock those years ISB is only 300hp. Could look at hitch? 10k towing is an ISC. lots of different Configs that float around in MH for sure. 

Just pop the hatch and see if ISC in on the valve cover? 

46AC03D2-A9ED-417C-9536-ADFB1F636C94.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
Spelling