2011 Camelot--all power to dash lost

vanwill52

Once again trying to help a friend with a problem remotely. He is located in FL, several hundred miles from me. I do not have access to his wiring diagrams.

He has total loss of power to his instrument panel and AC blower. Speedo, tach, and all instruments go dead, but coach continues to drive OK. On my 2000 Dynasty, when that happened to me, it was a single contactor in the FRB. It looked like an old Ford starter relay. I could tap it lightly with a screwdriver handle and all power would be restored. I replaced the contactor and never had another problem.

His coach is much newer than mine and has a multitude of small relays on a printed circuit board, and nothing that resembles my layout. I’m assuming there is one relay or contactor that provides power to the dash and AC blower. I tend to doubt it’s one of those small Bosch-type relays.

We replaced all his house batteries with AGM’s before our last trip together and had no issues. His engine will start normally.

Has anyone ever dealt with this same problem?

5 hours ago, vanwill52 said:

Once again trying to help a friend with a problem remotely. He is located in FL, several hundred miles from me. I do not have access to his wiring diagrams.

He has total loss of power to his instrument panel and AC blower. Speedo, tach, and all instruments go dead, but coach continues to drive OK. On my 2000 Dynasty, when that happened to me, it was a single contactor in the FRB. It looked like an old Ford starter relay. I could tap it lightly with a screwdriver handle and all power would be restored. I replaced the contactor and never had another problem.

His coach is much newer than mine and has a multitude of small relays on a printed circuit board, and nothing that resembles my layout. I’m assuming there is one relay or contactor that provides power to the dash and AC blower. I tend to doubt it’s one of those small Bosch-type relays.

We replaced all his house batteries with AGM’s before our last trip together and had no issues. His engine will start normally.

Has anyone ever dealt with this same problem?

Would help to know what coach your friend has.

Not sure if this will help or not. On my 2012 Diplomat, F29 is the fuse for the  dash A/C. I’ve attached photos and you can see the relay for the affected circuit, too (VCN).  There probably isn’t a lot of difference between your friend’s 2011 and my 2012 . Although it’s not specifically listed, it’s possible that the relay and /or fuse is tied into the dash power.  I hope this helps.

Dan D, 2012 Diplomat 

22103DED-11FB-4617-B6F8-B13186306991.jpeg

360BB212-EB2D-418A-B347-96A7061525DD.jpeg