Automatic Select Switch

Trying to figure out if the third A/C has to be turned off to use the 230 volt clothes dryer.  Looking at the schematic it appears not.  The clothes washer does appear to go through the system, and the third A/C is turned off.  My reading is the dryer connects to lug only in the subpanel and the circuit protection is a separate circuit breaker panel located near the dryer.  I have also heard this system referred to as an "EMS" and is located in the bedroom wardrobe closet.  This is for a 2008-9 Dynasty.  I say 08/09, registration says 09, some chassis stuff say 08 which I will say is most likely just the rolling chassis.  We have the dreaded Kongsburg Chassis Multiplex and dang if I haven't lost another switch module, the front windshield visor is having a constant 12vdc applied to the motor in the shade.  Temporarily Joe Mageed that until I can get to Coberg and have the REV techs plug their laptop into the CADET system.  d*** the luck.  

My question is just for discussion since it is causing no problems, just curios if I'm reading the schematic right.  Thanks,

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

No.  The dryer is 240 volt and the AC is 120v.  However, the AC does share a breaker with the washer.  It is supposed to load share.  It should automatically cut the power to the shared AC when running the washer.  You have an Intellitec load sharing relay somewhere, probably in the closet.  

Also, do not confuse the Kongsburg chassis multiplex with the Intellitec house multiplex.  Two separate systems.  

Hope this helps.  

Vito, yea, I see where the washer and A/C share the same breaker.  That being the case the dryer is a separate animal and would not be part of the load sharing or shredding.  At which point it would be a matter if a 50 amp service could handle 3 A/C's running with the dryer going at the same time.  So, that would mean that the dryer running would not stop the 3rd A/C from running at the same time?  There was some thought that the I would have to manually turn off the third A/C at the T stat in order for the dryer circuit to energize.  In reality I don't think the 50 amp shore service could handle the load of everything on at once.  We do as a matter of principal turn off the third A/C at the T stat before doing laundry so I don't have to go out to the pedestal and reset the 50 amp breaker.

Woody Miller