Turn signal bulbs

JDCrow

So on my Dip, the turn signal has an 1157 bulb (dual filament) I’m not sure why. It’s separate from the park light/brake light circuit. It seems it should be an 1156 single Filament bulb like the reverse bulb. 

I’m adding a second set of some bulbs and their functions, so trying to understand. 

45D84ED4-B78D-4270-B593-668F17B2028E.jpeg

0FCFB5B6-6A83-4B27-9874-D73C1535902D.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

1157 same as 1034, one filiment park, other is brake ya got to have a difference of bulb intensity… i took them out an put in leds, a lot less current draw, an brighter output!

Yeah the 1157 is the park and brake on the below lenses. This has the same bulb on the upper orange lenses, that doesn’t illuminate for park lights. I’m switching to LED as well and trying to see if there is a way to double up on turn signals/park/brake but they seem to be on different circuits 

75F6199D-484B-4C0F-806D-C79048555D4E.jpeg

40F9F392-52DF-425E-AF72-B24FCEBCBCC8.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow

You could use a 1156, what i found is they got a hotter when on, plus lets pretend its all about $$$ you know they got those lamp assys with 3 wire sockets std so rather than put in what makes sence. So just cut one wire an use the other, hummmm bean cutter play book

2 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

You could use a 1156, what i found is they got a hotter when on, plus lets pretend its all about $$$ you know they got those lamp assys with 3 wire sockets std so rather than put in what makes sence. So just cut one wire an use the other, hummmm bean cutter play book

Ok so I’m not crazy LOL. These sockets are super cheap looking for sure