Generator making noise also strange smell like propane smell.

Donflem

So my 10k generator is running weird and I think has a smell. It’s charging ok just    Fluctuates I was like maybe it’s not idling fast enough. I’m in Bullhead city Nevada but I can’t find nobody here to work on it so I’m going to head up to Vegas on Monday any recommendations on who to take Cummins generator to in Vegas. I’m full time so I need to find somebody take a look at it right away any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Don 2007 Monaco dynasty 

Your 10k, just like our 12.5 is a constant RPM system, whether loaded or not, it should run at the same speed. I could imagine that the front armature bearing might be seizing and slowing the motor down. The noise would be coming from the very front of it. If it was the case, you should get it serviced quick because once the whole bearing, including its race starts spinning, it will burn the oring it sits in and eat into the metal centering support which may or may not be available these days. There is a Cummins dealer in Las Vegas but I only visited them for parts, no experience with their labor.

Thanks Ivan. I’m going to drive to Vegas in the morning and see if I can find someone to look at it.

I think the smell I’m smelling might be  Aqua hot  fluid I noticed my aqua hot reservoir is empty, so I need to check that for a leak and then find some  fluid to put back in it.  I love the smell of broken motorhome stuff in the morning lol.