Rear Air Conditioner goes off while in transit

DataDawg11

I have a 2006 Monaco Dynasty and from the day I bought it, the rear air conditioner would go off while in transit. The breaker box over the engine would overheat, throwing the breaker. My RV service guy - Tim, at O’Daniels RV Service in Baytown, TX finally came up with a fix and I’m delighted!! He ran a PVC pipe as a duct from the vent in the closet, through the wall into the breaker box section and voila!! The breaker box stays cool and the air conditioners all work in transit. I know there have been many suggestions as a fix to this issue, such as wrapping the engine. Tim suggested that wrapping the engine could contribute to running hotter and this is what he came up with. Just thought those of you with this same chronic issue would like to know this.

Judi Hartell

2006 Monaco Dynasty

Insultation wrapping engine components doesn't make the breaker box warmer, but cooler.  It contains the engine heat inside the engine.  Key would be the turbo and exhaust piping.  It will also make the interior cooler as well while traveling.

My front breaker box above the driver has an A/C duct blowing on it, factory installed.  On a hot day when the sun is on that side I still get random breaker tripping but it sure helps.  I would think wrapping the exhaust would help quite a bit, another project I haven't gotten around to.