Either clean or replace the interior windshield wrap around curtain for our '05 Beaver Patriot?

I went to Wal-mart and bought a color matching BLACKOUT Wal-mart brand curtains for about $30 or $40. Cut the bottom to the right length and either sew them or use fabric glue for the hem. When done they looked better than the factory curtains and did a better job of blocking out the light. Also they were water proof.

If you're re-doing them select a fabric that insulates better than a standard curtain. 

If you've ever stood next to a fire and felt it's heat that's what you are to a cold window.  And that's a big window!

- bob

Neil, are you sure the water stain isn't from a previous or current water leak? We had the Dane scenario with curtins on our '07 Holiday Rambler.  after investigating we found a leak where the large awning attaches to the roof.  we cleaned it thoroughly and sealed all seams on the roof with 6 inch eternabond tape, that solved the leak issue.  We washed the curtins in vinegar and soap, the stain was almost undetectable, but still there . However, the backing on the curtins dissolved into small granules eliminating their blackout effect.  We ordered some curtins from Amazon that had grommetsfor curtin rod.  We need 232 inches of width 48inches high to cover.  The curtins we ordered were polyester blackout 42 inches per panel 65 inches high.  We ordered 4 pairs and used 7 of the panels to give us good coversge.  My wife cut them off to 49 1/2 to allow for a hem.   We then ordered from Amazon 50 hangers with a hook on one end and a clip with teeth on the other end, we used 8 clips per panel spaced about 6 inches apart, at at each clip we folded the material to give the appearance if a pleat and clipped the clip to the fold.  Finally we went to Walmart fabric dept and bought 2 packed if 3/4 inches inches wide by 24 inches long peel and stick stick velcro, whichever attached to each each curtain panel.  We out a 2 inches piece pieces near the top of each panel along the seam, then spaced them down the panel approximately 10-12 inches apart with the bottom velcro about 4 inches from the bottom of the curtin. 

We are very pleased with the result and the curtins really darken the coach.  by using 7 panels there is enough fabric to appear that they have pleats and not look completely flat.

We accomplished this fir a cost of under $200 and 4-5 hours of our time.  The task that took the longest was steam ironing the wrinkles out of the fabric from being folded for packaging.   We hope this info helps you with your decision.

16 hours ago, Neil Loveless said:

The original owner must have left the drivers side window open and it rained, we have a stain on the lined fabric curtain, I'm interested to know if these curtains can be cleaned or if there is a new replacement available?

Be sure to check for leaks around that driver's side window. My curtain has stains on the backside at that window and it was caused by a leaking window. Having said that, I have washed the curtains a few times. I just removed the hooks and fired them in the Splendide.  washer. Regular detergent didn't remove the stains but did clean the curtains up nicely. I probably should have sprayed them with something. 

Edited by Bob Jones

I replaced curtains in our coach.  I ordered two 45 x 96 panels from amazon for about $25.  The track ours hung on had a small hook.  The original curtains had a woven strip on the top with loops that went over the hooks.  I bought very small binder clips and attached them to the long side of the curtain panels and out the “handles”of the binder clip over the hook. It worked great, looked great and cost about $30.