Goodbye hard sofa, hello luxury

The the seats I ordered from Lippert before Thanksgiving finally showed yesterday.  Couldn't wait to get these bad boys in and perfect timing as we are heading out next week for a short jaunt.  The articulating tablet holders didn't show up with the order and Lippert is closed even though their site says they are open Saturdays.  Also no documentation with the seats and it took awhile to sort out the various electrical plugs but so far they seem of good quality and have nice features like heated seats, massager, power recline and headrest and lots of lighting.

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

• Like 1

The backs come off and the bases are narrow enough to fit through the door.  We have the narrow front door and the huge passenger seat and I was able to carry it up and through the door by myself.   I think the base was about 25" high.  They are purpose built RV furniture from their Thomas Payne collection.

Edited by Oregon04Windsor
  • Like 1

I've been looking to replace my sofa also. Is the window behind the recliners the escape window? My escape window is behind the sofa on my flat floor slide on the driver's side and that slide is about 30" deep and my opposite slide is similar to your driver's slide in depth and not a flat floor slide. I was thinking of using the flat floor slide but afraid of the extra weight on it. Looks Good!

Gary 05 AMB DST

The chair overhangs the edge of the slide floor about 14".  Since that's the heaviest part of the chair I wanted to have solid support so I welded together a frame of 1 1/4 angle iron that was 54" wide by 38" deep then laid in 5/8" plywood inside the frame.  I used the elevator bolts that held the seatbelts to secure the platform to the slide floor and added a couple lag screws into the slide room floor.  It's extremely solid and I don't think even with the new chairs and platform that it's as heavy as that Villa sleeper sofa.

It is an exit window behind the chairs but it can still be accessed as well as when the couch was there.  That's a pretty short exit window!

The TV is still in the front but we do plan on putting a TV on a lift behind the J-sofa directly across from the new sofa. 

I did add an outlet at the bottom of the galley base cabinet so I didn't have to run the power cord for the new seat up the wall to the upper cabinet.  

Edited by Oregon04Windsor
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 10:35 PM, Oregon04Windsor said:

The TV is still in the front but we do plan on putting a TV on a lift behind the J-sofa directly across from the new sofa.

Our TV is in the front cab also.  Our college age sons travel with us most times.  There isn't really enough seating for all of us to have a comfortable view of the TV (we have a sofa behind driver's seat and Eurocliner behind the co-pilot's seat).  The angle is just not good for someone to sit in the co-pilot's seat.

I am interested in placing a TV lift cabinet under the window behind the co-pilot's seat (no slide on this side of saloon) and slide the Eurocliner over by the sofa and use the driver's seat and/or the co-pilot's seat plus sofa for TV viewing.

Now my question: has anybody done this?  If so, where did you get the cabinet for the TV lift? Where did you get the TV lift?

I have added a TV lift. I removed my J sofa and installed a sleeper sofa in its place. I also installed theater seats on the opposite slide put the tv lift behind it and did not put it in a cabinet as I wanted to keep the sofa as close to the wall as possible. I purchase the lift through the Walmart website. There was some really good pricing there. Mine it really heavy duty. The biggest challenge in this installation was moving my surround sound speakers and finding a real clean way to get the wiring up to the hardware cabinet above the co-pilots seat.  I also redid the cabinet above the windshield to eliminate the center drop down where the old tv was and installed cabinet doors. I wanted the finished install to appear like it was there from the factory. We are very happy with how it all came out. I’ve posted pics on the forum previously but here they are again for this group

394D5CB3-1DB5-48AF-92F4-B4FB3E9D1F58.jpeg

305E43AE-5D8E-41B8-8C1E-2B03415BCB0E.jpeg

77499EF0-02FA-468D-AFF0-2C6160794947.jpeg

DEB08CBD-96FE-486F-98CC-E343C8F84755.jpeg