Atwood furnace 2002 Diplomat

CLIFF918
Go to solution Solved by CLIFF918,

Not knowing the particular unit but it sounds like it is trying to light, a safety sensor is triggering, the system tries two more times and then goes to lock out.

So, you will have to figure out what sensor is not happy and resolve that issue.

Since it's a short cycle, sounds like some kind of flame sensor not seeing the furnace lighting.  But that's just a guess.

• Like 1

Most likely the sail switch is bad. Common problem. The fan blows air against it allowing the furnace to continue to run. If the switch fails it shuts the furnace off. Not hard to fix. I suggest a YouTube search on your model.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark B said:

Most likely the sail switch is bad. Common problem. The fan blows air against it allowing the furnace to continue to run. If the switch fails it shuts the furnace off. Not hard to fix. I suggest a YouTube search on your model.

Thanks, will try the switch

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

The switch isn't always defective. There could be some lint on the switch preventing it from opening. The switch is accessible from the outside.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Got it. Dirt on the switch was the cause. Thanks for the help. I was just over complicated it.

• Like 1