Engine hatch struts

I need both gas struts for my 08 Dynasty. I have seen part numbers for other models but they list  150 lb. Struts. Infortunately mine have  nothing printed on the strut. I did nottake measurements but the piston diameter is about the same  as my cabinet struts. I  can match the collapsed and extended  lengths but need the "lb" rating. The mechanism is very complex with lots of mechanical advantage. Any help appreciated. 

2 hours ago, birdshill123 said:

I need both gas struts for my 08 Dynasty. I have seen part numbers for other models but they list  150 lb. Struts. Infortunately mine have  nothing printed on the strut. I did nottake measurements but the piston diameter is about the same  as my cabinet struts. I  can match the collapsed and extended  lengths but need the "lb" rating. The mechanism is very complex with lots of mechanical advantage. Any help appreciated. 

On my 08 Dynasty  the part number on the strut is 752991-06 if that helps. 

5 minutes ago, bellr1968@gmail.com said:

On my 08 Dynasty  the part number on the strut is 752991-06 if that helps. 

I see on the specs for that part number that it is 23.03 inches and has a 140# lift.  My Dynasty is 45' Yorkshire plan.

Russ 

MEL. I disagree. The Yahoo format was always  horrible

As time went on it got worse. Lots of good information but difficult to navigate

Posters tended to be brief and the info was scattered. Was not the fault of the forum owners.  All Yahoo forums were similar

The new forum is super

NOTE...for all folks replacing the struts.  Monaco, at least on the Camelots, had some "issues".  If your "high mechanical advantage" scissors and support system is like mine....then check the NUTS.  Some folks....way back when....had some of the nuts come off.  Some DOUBLE nutted.  Others put in the Nylon Patch Lock Nuts.  Make SURE that you note (this is memory from 10 years ago)....where the washers are.  I THINK that the washers were there on each end of the bolt as a "Wear or spacer surface".  Again....I am really fuzzy.  BUT, some folks lost one of the bolts and it was a calamity.... 

SO....whilst in there....check the bolts and the nuts.  

YES....this is a great site....

Good 

MEL. I disagree. The Yahoo format was always  horrible

As time went on it got worse. Lots of good information but difficult to navigate

Posters tended to be brief and the info was scattered. Was not the fault of the forum owners.  All Yahoo forums were similar

The new forum is super

Tom. Good tip. I usually take pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

I need to replace mine on a 2000 Dynasty.

Extended length is 26, travel is 9.5.

I just don't know weight, no markings.

Thanks for suggestions...

• 2 weeks later...