Al R

Guest Al redcay

Guest Ray Davis

Defrost ( windshield ) is the default setting, so since the functions are vacuum operated you more than likely have a small 12v vac pump that's inop.

Mine is on the firewall above the generator and looks like this. https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-904-214-Electrical-Vacuum-Select/dp/B001KQF6PC/ref=asc_df_B001KQF6PC?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80745440604562&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345029287979&psc=1

Dorman 904-214 Vacuum Pump Compatible With Select Dodge / Ford Models

May be a leaking vacuum line.

Replaced my vac pump with a new Dorman but also ordered the wiring harness because the connection is different.

Some Monacos use an aspirator system rather then the vac pump

• Like 1

Al says, as I understand, that he can switch to floor mode so there is a working vacuum source. Maybe someone knows if his system uses vacuum solenoids or just a vacuum switch and where his door actuator is to test for vacuum there. Could be a simple hose break or disconnect, until verified. 

Guest Ray Davis
5 hours ago, Jimmer said:

Some Monacos use an aspirator system rather then the vac pump

What is an aspirator system?

Guest Al redcay

I have a vacuum gadget on fire wall with a arm that I can move up an down but that doesn’t help with the amount of air out of vents. 

On 3/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, Ray Davis said:

What is an aspirator system?

Same as venturi.  A carburetor is a venturi. As air passes through the throat of the carb it pulls fuel into the air mixture. On the motorhome its air pulling air. You might google up venturi.

16 hours ago, Al redcay said:

I have a vacuum gadget on fire wall with a arm that I can move up an down but that doesn’t help with the amount of air out of vents. 

That is probably your air induction box. Mine has two openings. When open it pulls fresh air into the dash. It  is closed when  Max AC  is selected and recirculates inside coach air.

I think there are electric actuators that open and close vacuum valves that direct the airflow to different levels. 

Guest Ray Davis
10 hours ago, Jimmer said:

Same as venturi.  A carburetor is a venturi. As air passes through the throat of the carb it pulls fuel into the air mixture. On the motorhome its air pulling air. You might google up venturi.

Thanks Jim,  I'm familiar with venturi operation it's the term aspirator that left me not sure if that's what you were referring to.

Guest Al redcay

thanks but so far haven’t found the problem ,this is what they look like ,as you can see the lever I tried to move and it still doesn’t work.

38AFE60B-196F-4E9C-B91B-9EFE6D84F47B.jpeg

EF1C01EF-66D4-45D6-8D63-925C5FAF672F.jpeg

11 hours ago, Al redcay said:

thanks but so far haven’t found the problem ,this is what they look like ,as you can see the lever I tried to move and it still doesn’t work.

My 03 Windsor is setup with no lever visible but functions the same. I closes the fresh outside air so cabin air is recerculated. Got have vacuum from your vac pump I see in your pic. Put a small line on the metal diagram, such on it road see if it opens.

Guest Al redcay
On 4/1/2022 at 10:55 AM, Al redcay said:

I’m still looking for someone who knows something about my issue . Thought pics would help. 

Guest Ray Davis

Al, well it looks like you have an hvac that's a little different, it looks similar but still it's different.  Have you determined if the vacuum pump is producing vac?

If it is I would try manipulating the vac hoses and see if they will change the operation.   If you have vac, it seems to me that you have a broken or loose vac hose, a defective vac actuator or a problem with the dash control.

If the vacuum pump is not working then air blows out of all vents at a low air speed.

I recommend the need to varify if the vacuum  pump is working. I replaced mine because the pressure switch stuck on so it ran all the time. It also can fail to turn the pump on. I found a fuse, 7.5 Amp, for the pump and other functions in the FRBay.

Guest Al redcay

I have to run engine to check vac hose an I can’t tell if it works, but I can move that arm up & down an it doesn’t change. Don’t know how else to check vac hoses.

6 minutes ago, Jimmer said:

If the vacuum pump is not working then air blows out of all vents at a low air speed.

I recommend the need to varify if the vacuum  pump is working. I replaced mine because the pressure switch stuck on so it ran all the time. It also can fail to turn the pump on. I found a fuse, 7.5 Amp, for the pump and other functions in the FRBay.

Where is the pump and the fuse located.

Your pump is right there in your picture. The same type that Ray has posted in the first reply. It is electric so you don't need to run the engine. Only turn ignition to ON and feel if the pump is running and producing vacuum and if so, if it makes it to respective actuators or if it sucks air somewhere. Just follow the lines to start with.

Looking at your picture again, I see the white lead disconnected at the pump so look into that first 

Edited by Ivan K

Guest Al redcay

That white wire goes to my window washer , but I moved the vac hoses off & on and now it’s working . So thank you all for your help.

3 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Your pump is right there in your picture. The same type that Ray has posted in the first reply. It is electric so you don't need to run the engine. Only turn ignition to ON and feel if the pump is running and producing vacuum and if so, if it makes it to respective actuators or if it sucks air somewhere. Just follow the lines to start with.

Looking at your picture again, I see the white lead disconnected at the pump so look into that first 

you have good eyes.

31 minutes ago, Al redcay said:

That white wire goes to my window washer , but I moved the vac hoses off & on and now it’s working . So thank you all for your help.

Yeah.  Motorhomes are always teaching us.