TOAD Braking Systems

There are many towing and braking systems available with many pros and cons of each.  Some are almost bad enough to be a rip-off.  Some are easily portable.  Some are easier to use.  Some prefer dollies, some don't.  Some prefer car-hauler trailers.  Different reasons, different opinions and different costs.  If we don't discuss it, we don't learn from other's experiences.  If debate is what you call sharing your experience and opinion, then we need to debate it.  If your feelings are bruised because your opinions are challenged, sorry.  I really wanted to hear more from M&G system users as I may want to try that on my next toad.  And, to me, if you go to the expense of installing breakaways and baseplates on multiple vehicles then why do you want to cut costs on a completely portable box?  I use my AFO on two vehicles but they are similar so it's not difficult to move the control box between them.  But, it definitely ain't a portable system.  I used a portable system and a car-hauler on multiple vehicles for 15+ years and I considered both a PIA.  This is my experience (and just my opinion).  I don't feel that's debate.

• Like 1

M&G - I installed my first M&G on my Dodge Dakota in 2005, it wasn't an easy install but it has worked great for 17 years.   Last year we took a honda crv to Athens, TX and let Monty install an M&G on it.  It took about an hour for the install, and total costs was $950.   Both of these were the original M&G that went between the brake booster and master cylinder.   

This spring we added a Jeep 4xE to the toad collection, and I installed the new M&G 2.0 system on the Jeep myself.   It took about an hour, and was a pretty easy install, compared to the base plate and wiring harnesses.     Total cost was $775 shipped to my house.  

M&G is a very small company in Athen, TX, I think Monty is the owner and runs the entire operation by himself.   He takes all the calls and he did my honda install when I went there.

Very happy with M&G and never experience the labor rates that Dave mentioned.

--

Granville Barker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1