New slide out topper

So….I installed a new slide out topper today from carefree. Now my slide out will not seat all the way out at the top. The bottom seats good. It was not having this problem before I installed the topper. I think the topper is causing this problem. With slide all the way out there is still fabric left on the spool so I know it’s not short. I can turn it by hand but it is very stiff Is there a way to loosen the tension on the topper when it is fully extended?

The entire topper. Brackets, fabric and rod. It all came as a set. The dealer was supposed to measure all dimensions before ordering. I hoping there is a way to loosen tension on the topper as I think that is where the problem is but I’m not sure. It makes sense because I still have fabric about two layers of fabric left on the rod. 

Ok, bit of a PITA with a brand new topper that should have been preset properly, but your going to have to move the slide out about 8", pin the roller tube, throw the entire roll onto the coach roof, move the slide out another 6" or so, and install the roll into the end brackets and remove your pin.

This will reduce the spring tension.

Ok I loosened the spring tension and that helped a little bit. While I had the topper thrown up on the roof, I ran the slider in and out. The one side does not want to seat tight up against the wall on the top corner of one side. It’s seated at the bottom good and tight but the top corner on one side is leaning in a good  inch or two. Is there an adjustment for this? I found the adjusters underneath to move the room up and down but that did nothing but put the slider in a bind, so I moved it back to where it was. Any suggestions?

Could water ingress have caused the floor to swell where it mounts to the steel frame, effectively making it lean back when extended? I had a similar situation on my Cedar Creek 5th wheel bedroom slide, where a leak into a locker on the outside of the slide caused a swollen floor and a 1/2” gap at the top of the slide when fully extended.