emergency /parking valve

I am changing the emergency/parking valve on my 02 monaco dynasty. The valve has two air hose fittings that screw into the valve. These are 90 degree fittings with the air hoses attached to the end opposite of the threads. Can someone tell me how to disconnect the hoses from the fittings? I have not been able to determine how to get them apart.

Joe Klasch 02 Dynansy 36SL

Hi Joe,

The r/r process is pretty easy. It is 1/4" hose, you have to completely drain the air out, (obviously right?!? Who in their right mind would ever try to disconnect an air hose with 110 psi?  oh wait... 🙂 Back to the question,) you can either do a pump down to rapidly drop the air pressure out of the primary and secondary tanks or use the air bag drop. The connector is a quick connector, take a slim flat head screwdriver and insert in the fitting, it will move an 1/8" which will release the line.

Best of luck,

Nick

Joseph,

They are a quick release type of air fitting.

Take a small 1/4-inch open end wrench and slip over the airline next to the fitting. Push on the wrench toward the air fitting and the airline will release from the fitting.

• Like 1

The fitting is called a pushloc, there a small collar at the end that you push in to release the air line. Sometimes it takes a little effort to pull it out. To reinstall simply push it in firmly then test for leaks using a soap/water mixture. If the end of the air line isn't in prefect condition you can trim the end off with a razor blade assuming you have some extra air line. Make sure the cut is square and don't crush the air line. If you reuse the fittings a little sealant on the threaded end is a good idea.