Fuel pump PSI for Onan 8000 Quiet Diesel HDKAK?

NGADawgs

On a recent trip to Florida the generator did a code 36 shutdown several times.  It was possibly a vapor lock from my subsequent research.  It appears to be related to the fuel pump.  It is probably original from 2007 so I decided that I would replace it.

I spent several hours the other day trying to find the correct fuel pump for my generator.  Many people suggested the Airtex E11020 but I couldn't find one of them available...  I also searched for these Onan part numbers, 149-2790 and A047N931 and was able to locate one through a liquidator on Ebay.  The picture on the Ebay ad showed the correct (but old) part number as 149-2790.  However, upon receiving it today, the one I received did not have that part number on it...instead it had some foil labels applied over the original label so I couldn't read it.   It does say "12VDC 3-6 PSI" on the label.  In all of my research including on Cummins Quickserve, I can't find the specifications on the PSI for the OEM fuel pump.  Does anyone know that?  Also, has anyone added an inline fuel pump located near the fuel tank?  I have read that some did that to reduce vapor locks.

Thanks in advance for the input!

20220709_174858.jpg

Edited by NGADawgs

I’ve never hear of a Diesel engine getting vapor lock - maybe I’ve lead a sheltered life.  
Looking at the picture of the fuel pump you bought, that is a universal inline fuel pump. I hope you didn’t pay a lot for it.  They can be found all day on Amazon and eBay for anywhere from $10 on up.  You do want to mount the pump as close to the tank as possible.  Have you checked the fuel filter?

I have never replaced my pump on my 2007 Endeavor. However I had researched this item and have recorded the following two part numbers.  Onan 149-1828 and Facet 40131E. Both of these numbers have many hits on a Google search.

That looks like an Airtex that was relabeled.  3-6 is all it takes to run the gen.  You are lucky the original lasted this long.  They are a made in Mexico item.   I have replaced mine a couple of times, but have 4,600 hours on the gen. 

Always carry a spare because they usually fail in high temp or high altitude cold environs.  Lots of fun changing then 😬😬

PS...usually get a code tha says change $600 control board...always change fuel pump first!

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2022 at 5:57 PM, NGADawgs said:

On a recent trip to Florida the generator did a code 36 shutdown several times.  It was possibly a vapor lock from my subsequent research.  It appears to be related to the fuel pump.  It is probably original from 2007 so I decided that I would replace it.

I spent several hours the other day trying to find the correct fuel pump for my generator.  Many people suggested the Airtex E11020 but I couldn't find one of them available...  I also searched for these Onan part numbers, 149-2790 and A047N931 and was able to locate one through a liquidator on Ebay.  The picture on the Ebay ad showed the correct (but old) part number as 149-2790.  However, upon receiving it today, the one I received did not have that part number on it...instead it had some foil labels applied over the original label so I couldn't read it.   It does say "12VDC 3-6 PSI" on the label.  In all of my research including on Cummins Quickserve, I can't find the specifications on the PSI for the OEM fuel pump.  Does anyone know that?  Also, has anyone added an inline fuel pump located near the fuel tank?  I have read that some did that to reduce vapor locks.

Thanks in advance for the input!

20220709_174858.jpg

This is a stretch, but let me tell you about my blocked fuel tank vent hose. Was going on a long trip in middle of summer running both ACs and the gen would shutdown about every 20 minutes and would start back up after a while off. Did not affect the coach engine's running, purred right along. Long story short, discovered fuel tank vent hose had a mud dubbers nest in it. Cleared the nest and fixed. Good luck.