Rear Radiator Stack Support Bushing Source

09 Knight 38 PKQ 360HP

I'm missing a bushing and need several more as they are dying. Too much slop in rear radiator/CAC stack. I am still looking at the McMaster Carr site but not finding any yet. The bushings have a brass or bronze insert on one and the other which is missing slips over that sleeve. Also I thought about removing support rods but the stack would have to be flexed enough to remove the rods to replace all the bushings. Does anyone know before I attempt it if the stack is flexible enough to do that? Another source or suggestion is much appreciated on the bushings. 

I found all this while investigating the need of a new fan that has missing chunks out of the fan as seen in the pics.

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

I used shock absorber rubber bushings and washers on my 07 Diplomat. They were the used ones from the tops of the shocks I replaced on my coach. I was able to loosen the opposite end of the strut rods enough to push the rod back and stack the bushings on. Worked pretty well and the bushings have lasted over 7 years no problem. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RNMCBR said:

I used shock absorber rubber bushings and washers on my 07 Diplomat. They were the used ones from the tops of the shocks I replaced on my coach. I was able to loosen the opposite end of the strut rods enough to push the rod back and stack the bushings on. Worked pretty well and the bushings have lasted over 7 years no problem. 

My adjustment on frame has no more adjustment in picture. So at the stack I hope there is enough movement to get rod threads to come out of stack bracket. Since I don’t have any old shoes, I’ll head to Les Schwab and see if I can scavenge som from them.

3 minutes ago, Jdw12345 said:

I just googled “radiator rod bushings” and it produced a fair number of choices, fwiw.

Duh!!! Thankyou 

saw some that could be the ones.