Gen Auto start wiring.

Guest Jester1

Guest Jester1

Hello,

I’m looking for generator person that may know where to wire the auto start sensing wires on our new Inverter or transfer switch. The schematic in owners manual does not have this info. We have a 2000 Dynasty with a 7500 Onan. The old Trace went south after a second repair. I replaced with a Gopower pure sine. It works well. We would like to have this back up function in save we leave pets in the coach.

Thanks for any input.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

23 hours ago, Jester1 said:

Hello,

I’m looking for generator person that may know where to wire the auto start sensing wires on our new Inverter or transfer switch. The schematic in owners manual does not have this info. We have a 2000 Dynasty with a 7500 Onan. The old Trace went south after a second repair. I replaced with a Gopower pure sine. It works well. We would like to have this back up function in save we leave pets in the coach.

Thanks for any input.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don’t know about your new inverter, but my Victron will not start the generator until I can wire in some external timer relays to accommodate Oman’s glow plug delay start & stop. 
It will be worth the effort once we get a new puppy.🙂

Was your old Trace wired for AGS? If so, all the wiring it needs should be in its location and if your Gopower supports Onan Diesel Gen control, it should be all you need. I suppose the sensing wire you mentioned would be the same as Remote Run wire in Onan language and that would be the same that feeds the hour counter. Remote Start/Stop is done with ground signal and all that support wiring goes through the big connector on passenger side of generator into the coach interior. I don't know anything about Gopower and don't know if anyone here uses one but if it turned out to be a big chore, it might be easier to just get a Magnum standalone AGS module.

I'm not sure specifically what you're looking for. Do you need help identifying what each of the gen start wires do? Or how to attach them to your inverter?

I don't know anything about a gopower inverter, but it would need to have a feature for AGS with specific terminals for generator start connections. If it doesn't have specific terminals for AGS there's nothing to connect and you'll need a stand-alone AGS like Ivan said.

Here's an annotated picture of my original Trace wiring showing what each of the wires are and how they connected to the AGS terminals on the old Trace inverter.

image.thumb.jpeg.e78696d4fe82686e90dc062566c9e869.jpeg1001049971_MonacoGeneratorRemoteWiring060.thumb.jpg.97c1fd1e2dd33c568662b47d2c0576e3.jpg

Edited by wamcneil