Lost power to the exhaust brake.

I have lost power to the exhaust brake.  It is a PAC brake.  The switch on the driver's consul, by my left arm, no longer lights up when it is turned on.  I have done some poking around but can't find anything.  I thought maybe a fuse but can't find one.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for my coach?  It's a 2002 HR with the Cummins ISC 8.3 liter and the Allison 6 speed.

Thanks in advance.

Rocketman, thanks for the reply.  Is the fuse numbered?  I have searched through the front electrical bay and can find no fuses labeled exhaust brake.  I have found in the rear electrical bay a bunch of relays labeled exhaust brake.  No breakers or fuses found there.  I have no idea how to trace the wires without a diagram.

9 hours ago, Rocketman3 said:

My 2000 Dynasty has a 10a fuse in the front electrical bay. 

I have the Monaco 1 & Monaco 2 fuse boxes in my front drivers side run bay.  The #2 box has a 20 amp fuse in it along with a relay. 

Other area to check is in the engine compartment where the PacBrake is, there is a solenoid back there that send air to the pacbrake.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I have wire diagram book from: nwrvsupply.com
86325 College View Road
Eugene, OR 97405
US

They print these books to order. Also, they are not cheap. I paid $125 plus shipping for one for my MH. I let you know how it works out and how good the book is.

• Like 1

In the Downloads section under Electrical there is are wiring diagrams for a 2002 Knight/Ambassador. 

Back ~8-9 years ago when Monaco still provided tech support for our rigs I requested a set of electrical diagrams for house and chassis and they sent me the set for free.  The benefit of having a PDF copy is that I can use the search function for key words.  Also can zoom in and the then print screen view, especially helpful with the chassis diagram which I have to zoom 1200% to be able to see.  I can then save this view in my files for future reference.

These files I got from Monaco where then uploaded to the Downloads section by one of the moderators.

Edited by jacwjames

Previous coach was a 1998 Endeavor with ISB engine.  Had a blown fuse in early 2000's and HR/Monaco tech service said to increase fuse by 5 amps...don't remember what the factory installed amperage was.  Fuse was in FRB, followed their recommendation and had no more issues through 2010 trade in.

Jacwjames, I downloaded the file you mentioned, I think this will help.  It does not seem to be searchable, unless I am missing something.

Thank you for the information.

33 minutes ago, Orrin C said:

Jacwjames, I downloaded the file you mentioned, I think this will help.  It does not seem to be searchable, unless I am missing something.

Thank you for the information.

Sorry about that, the file in the downloads is a scanned set so you won't be able to search it.  You'll have to do it the old fashion way. 

I received the schematic book from NWRVSUPPLY last evening.  It appears to be very complete and is in a large format.  It is the same as the pdf Jacwjames has refered to.  I am pleased with it.