AES Switch

TOBYLB4

Changing my AES switch. Found my grounds on the buss bar, but the bus bar itself is not tied to a ground. Should I run ground out to the frame or can I tie them in with one of the electric junction boxes next to it?

I didn't know either. It switches power between rear a/c and washer that are on the same 20 amp circuit. I burnt mine up running both at the same time. The switch has a buss bar inside the box but it's not grounded to anything.

32 minutes ago, TOBYLB4 said:

I didn't know either. It switches power between rear a/c and washer that are on the same 20 amp circuit. I burnt mine up running both at the same time. The switch has a buss bar inside the box but it's not grounded to anything.

Please post a picture.  The ground bus bar should be connected to the Intellitec AES case.  The 3 grounds get connected to that bus bar. There should be a circuit diagram on your Intellitec Automatic Energy Select switch cover.

Gary,

I thought they were called an Intellitec EMS switch but after Googling Intellitec and reading about that specific switch, they also call it AESS, an Automatic Energy Select Switch.

Products – Intellitec Products, LLC

I learned something today.

I have one of those someplace in my coach that controls the Washer/Dryer and Rear AC such that you can only run one or the other, not both at the same time.

I plan to change the wiring such that it controls the middle AC and not the rear as we seldom use the middle AC unless it is REALLY hot inside the coach and the two AC's can't keep it comfortable inside.

I have the new switch installed. But the 2nd picture shows the outside of the buss bar with a place to run a ground for the switch. Old switch had no ground to the box. I would think it should be grounded.

16628249916198376789980011814193.jpg

16628250176027084979883866458082.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Gary,

I thought they were called an Intellitec EMS switch but after Googling Intellitec and reading about that specific switch, they also call it AESS, an Automatic Energy Select Switch.

I have one of those someplace in my coach that controls the Washer/Dryer and Rear AC such that you can only run one or the other, not both at the same time.

I plan to change the wiring such that it controls the middle AC and not the rear as we seldom use the middle AC unless it is REALLY hot inside the coach and the two AC's can't keep it comfortable inside.

No extra ground needed.  The main cable back to the box is your ground.

13 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Gary,

Would like to know how you are going to run the AC power cables to load shed the center and not the rear AC unit.  I don't think you have access to the center AC from the location of the AESS and you can't run AC powered cables between AC units through the center duct.

• 1 month later...

Yep, you found them.  Looks like the wires are labeled too.

Many folks bypass the AESS by connecting the white wires together and the black wires together and then just remember to turn off the rear AC when doing laundry.  A sticky note as a reminder on the washer helps.  If you forget, you will trip the CB.

• Like 1