No Alladin display

My 08 Dynasty has an Alladin system. It has always worked properly The monitor is a Sony. The Alladin does not have a joystick.  It is more like a firestick with a center select button surrounded by a 4 directional ring. The monitor also is connected  to the camera . I started  the mh today and there is no display on the screen. The green power light is on. Normally you get a menu and can toggle to display engine info. Moving the Alladin button gives me beeps but nothing happens. I checked 2 Alladin fuses in the FRB and they are fine.  If I turn up the volume on the monitor I hear noise 

I turned off all the power at the batteries and then back on. Nothing. I tried using the turn signals as that would trigger one of the cameras. Nothing

I took off the small dash panel. Cannot see much but I wiggled some wires. Nothing. I have not opened up thepanel beside the driver to see if something is disconnected.  I would remove the Sony monitor but  cannot determine how to do this. All the dash gauges work as well as the factory centre display on the dash.  According to my notes the Alladin module is in the ceiling of bay 3. Any help appreciated. We are supposed to head south this week and I really need to have that system working.

Edited by birdshill123
Spelling

18 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

I have a  rear alladin in the bedroom

The monitor turns on and states no signal. It shows AV2

The noise I heard is static. I can toggle front joystick and turn the sound off

It is video that I am not getting

18 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

The rear monitor works but shows av2 and no signal. The front monitor does have sound but no video. The only video options are on the monitor. Input camera or input aux. No video either way. O removed the top of the panel that houses the joystick. Nothing disconnected. Under the top of the dash there is a junction box with rca jacks. Wires marked audio,power and video. I unplugged and then reattached but still nothing

I really do notwantto empty bay 3 and drop the ceiling.  I have done this a long time ago and it is not fun

Tha alladin joystick  beeps whenever it is toggled. I can toggle the sound off and on. Cannot get to the menu . When I use the turn signal there is no video.

Thanks

Do you know if the rear screen displayed on AV2 before.  Try AV1 setting just to be sure.

Your Aladdin video control module should be under the dash right below the access cover behind the instrument cluster.  Check to be sure all video output connections are tight.  Since you hear beeps from the control pad, likely the video control module is getting power.

What does thst module look like. I do have a box with all the rca jacks. I do not know what av the rear monitor showed. I tried changing it but got some sort of setup screen and then it asked for a password. Is there some sort of manual for the Alladin? It looks have what Monaco put in the owners manual.

35 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

What does thst module look like. I do have a box with all the rca jacks. I do not know what av the rear monitor showed. I tried changing it but got some sort of setup screen and then it asked for a password. Is there some sort of manual for the Alladin? It looks have what Monaco put in the owners manual.

We have a few Aladdin manuals in our files.  Below is a link.  From the rear display, it seems like you are in a setup mode.  Back out using the rear control pad and you should get the same screens that you would see up front with the key on if the Aladdin Video Control Module is working.  It will show engine and camera data on the rear screen just like up front.

I know you removed power to try to reboot the system, but you could unplug power from the Video Control Module, wait a few minutes and plug the power connection back in. 

https://www.monacoers.org/files/category/48-aladdin/

It sounds like the monitor video screen has gone out, I have a 2008 Dynasty change mine out about 5 months ago  contact RV Cameras in Baton Rouge, La they can help you they have as close to and extant replacement at you can get as the don’t make the Sony any longer.  The unit is a little over $400.00. 

Thanks Jim. How did you plug in the cable that feeds everything. There are some small wires as well. I do have a dumb question. How did you remove the monitor. I can see some long bolts on the backside but only on the left side. I cannot even see the other side. Usually there  is a trim piece that will pop off with some prying.  Frank has offered to share his wisdom later today.

On my rig there is an access panel on the dash in front of the steering wheel that is removable, then you can remove the nut on the left side, you will have to trim the panel just a bit to install the née monitor RV-Camer’s will request the you send the a photo to make sure their unit will fit they are very helpful and I recommend them highly!!!

If you can, put a small TV on the dash and use the video RCA cable that goes to the Aladdin and run it to the TV.  If it works,  your screen is out.  That's how I determined mine was bad.  I agree,  Tim at rvcams.com is great.  Call and ask for Tim and tell him I mentioned him to you. 

4 hours ago, Jim Clendenon said:

On my rig there is an access panel on the dash in front of the steering wheel that is removable, then you can remove the nut on the left side, you will have to trim the panel just a bit to install the née monitor RV-Camer’s will request the you send the a photo to make sure their unit will fit they are very helpful and I recommend them highly!!!

Jim: Did they provide an adapter from the original cable to the new monitor?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I received my new monitor and cables today. I amin q and will not start on this job until late Feb. But I noticed that RVcams states that the new monitor does not have an aux. input. How does the signal from the Alladin get to the monitor?  The power wires from the new monitor are different colors.  Thanks