Air Dumping

Steven P

When I dump my air to lower the coach for storage or at a new spot, mine dumps all air from driver's side before the passenger side will dump and settle flat, creating a hard lean to driver's side until the passenger'sside catches up. @Scotty Hutto has the same coach and his dumps equally.  I'm trying to figure out why the difference. I found one air release solenoid in the generator bay on the driver's side that seems to do the dumping. (I have not checked the rear yet).  I looked and cannot find another similar looking solenoid for passenger side.  I have a pic of the one I found.  What am I missing?  Thanks, Steven 

20221016_114629.jpg

On 10/16/2022 at 6:18 PM, jacwjames said:

You can try cleaning, one of the exhaust ports may have contamination in it.  Worth a try.

Thanks.  I'll check the rear ones.  Maybe I have a clog there. 

On 10/18/2022 at 8:33 AM, jacwjames said:

If you have a helper you might try airing your system up and then have the helper hit the air dump switch and monitor the valves.  You can compare the amount of air coming out of each one. 

Absolutely.  I didn't have one the other day so I wedged the switch up and found the one.  It'd definitely be easier w a helper.  Thanks. 

Update:  yesterday I found my rear 2 air dump solenoids in the rear bay w the hydraulic reservoir.  Both seem to be working equally just going by feel and sound.  I did lightly brush all 3 of them to make sure they are clean.  I guess next step is tracing the passenger side air hose to look for kinks or anything.