Entry door screen

ktloah

So my screen for the entry door got damaged. The frame is not damaged but the plastic inserts that keep the corners together have broken. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I can get this fixed. I have already tried a local screen door and glass repair, but no luck. Thanks

20221019_084909.jpg

20221019_084901.jpg

20221019_084857.jpg

20221019_084844.jpg

25 minutes ago, ktloah said:

So my screen for the entry door got damaged. The frame is not damaged but the plastic inserts that keep the corners together have broken. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I can get this fixed. I have already tried a local screen door and glass repair, but no luck. Thanks

20221019_084909.jpg

20221019_084901.jpg

20221019_084857.jpg

20221019_084844.jpg

I’d do more searching for another local glass, patio door or even some ACE Hardware stores.  

but, Google may be your friend. Use this search.  window screen plastic corner inserts   You will get many hits.  Home Depot and Amazon and many specialty houses.

the OTHER option is to fix the broken ones.  Now this assumes they sheared cleanly and you have two pieces.  JB Clear Weld works great.  Mix per instructions.  Will take a few minutes to start to cure.  Adjust or hold or clamp as needed to get the angle correct.  Let it sit for maybe an hour and take a sharp knife or razor knife or Exacto blade and cut off any globs or excess.  If the screen was never supposed to be disassembled, then use a dot or two of the JB Weld and then glue in the corner pieces.  Miracle stuff

Good Luck.  If you find a supplier, please post info for our parts list.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

My Dynasty didn’t have the upper screen when I bought it. I had to make the frame and weld it together. I still have the aluminum extrusion pcs. If you are interested in building a new frame.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scotty, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I still have some of the extrusions in my shop(somewhere). If you are still in need , please contact me directly -ken@kensrvservice.com