Splendide 2000 WD802 Water Valves Stuck Open

AlanC2
Go to solution Solved by tmw188,

We're in our 2002 Windsor PST on our first extended trip in three years, and when I turned on the water supply to the Splendide 2000 (WD802) for the first time since it was winterized in 2020, water immediately started filling up the unit, which indicates that the valves are stuck open.  I tried cycling the unit off and on, turning off the water and running a small off balance load in the spin cycle, thinking the vibrations may loosen the valves, cycling the temperature settings through Hot, Cold, Warm, etc. with no luck. Looks like the valves which are no longer available from Splendide will need replacement. Any idea of replacement valves that will work? I know that clothes will have to be removed from the closet to access the panel to slide the unit into the closet for repairs, but would someone who has done this job suggest doing it while on a trip, or wait a couple of months until I get home? I've searched our forum files and have not come up with any answers. Thanks in advance!

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

Just redid the valves in mine last year, winterizing didn’t go well evidently! I had to replace the pump as well, they all froze.

Strange they are outdated, pretty standard valve. 

I have pics of all the work if you want and I think I have part numbers as well 

Edited by JDCrow

JD,

Any info you can provide will be great!  

Thanks.

AlanC2

2002 Windsor

42 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

IMG_2252.MOV 36.64 MB · 0 downloads

Just redid the valves in mine last year, winterizing didn’t go well evidently! I had to replace the pump as well, they all froze.

Strange they are outdated, pretty standard valve. 

I have pics of all the work if you want and I think I have part numbers as well 

I have the same coach with I’m assuming the same 20 yr old washer. I too have done the repair with I think different valves than what was shown above but they fit and worked perfectly. There is an issue you’ll have to get thru however, and that is the threads on the old hose hook ups won’t fit the new valves. You can PM me with your ph # and I can tell you all about it with pictures. 

33 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

I have the same coach with I’m assuming the same 20 yr old washer. I too have done the repair with I think different valves than what was shown above but they fit and worked perfectly. There is an issue you’ll have to get thru however, and that is the threads on the old hose hook ups won’t fit the new valves. You can PM me with your ph # and I can tell you all about it with pictures. 

Todd, 

Looking at the closet and thinking about having to move all of my wife's stuff out to take the closet apart and fight the washer/dryer, I think I'm going to wait until we get home. This is the first time I've been able to get away for an extended time in 3 years, as I had to put my life on hold for Covid, and other family issues. I've decided I'm going to enjoy it and carry lots of quarters for campground laundry machines. I will contact you when I get back, because if I did it now, between now and then, I would probably forget what you told me.

Thanks.

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

Those parts on JD’s video are not like the ones I took out and replaced. So I would verify. BTW you don’t have to remove the washer, you can do everything thru the access door. These are the valves that I used. 26B41B74-4098-4D13-8429-CADB269ACB2C.thumb.png.6747c3e3b29e97834e7b6f5ac9e8fca5.png

Edited by tmw188

11 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Those parts on JD’s video are not like the ones I took out and replaced. So I would verify. BTW you don’t have to remove the washer, you can do everything thru the access door. These are the valves that I used. 26B41B74-4098-4D13-8429-CADB269ACB2C.thumb.png.6747c3e3b29e97834e7b6f5ac9e8fca5.png

Todd,

Thanks again. That's great to know about not having to remove the washer/dryer to replace the valves! Looking at all of the stuff I'd have to remove from my wife's side of the closet, I'm still not sure this is something I want to deal with while on the road. How did you deal with the difference in the threads on the hose hook ups?

Thanks!

AlanC2

2002 WIndsor PST

12 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Great first time posting a video. 

Its an easy job. You can tackle it. 

JD,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. What about the difference in the threads for the connections? How did you deal with that?

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

• Solution

The new valves have std Hose threads. You will have to buy some fittings to convert your existing ones. You will need to get a Pex tool. If your lucky maybe they have already been replaced. Like I said verify with your existing valves for part. First three pics are of the old ones followed by the new ones. 

1C1649F5-210C-48AE-80E6-EA4F4B69D079.jpeg

03F2EFCE-6540-45F8-9B81-C3CA2C111878.jpeg

020F2231-8DDE-4A7A-8467-98DE5E914E6C.jpeg

13337F4F-D2DD-49B3-BB38-4D0BCA9D4DD6.jpeg

80B55E96-A7D3-487B-AE0F-6D7D26611230.jpeg

647B4AF6-6DD9-408F-95A6-B2E9E0367FC6.jpeg

5C40D436-3E19-4969-BC75-6347214B2C06.jpeg

Edited by tmw188
Text

13 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Great first time posting a video. 

Its an easy job. You can tackle it. 

JD,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. What about the difference in the threads for the connections? How did you deal with that?

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

These valves have std Hose threads. You will have to buy some fittings to convert your existing ones. You will need to get a Pex tool. If your lucky maybe they have already been replaced. Like I said verify with your existing valves for part. First three pics are of the old ones followed by the new ones. 

Todd,

Thanks so much for the pics. I would not have imagined that there was that much room in there. 

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

On 1/31/2023 at 4:13 AM, AlanC2 said:

Todd,

Thanks again. That's great to know about not having to remove the washer/dryer to replace the valves! Looking at all of the stuff I'd have to remove from my wife's side of the closet, I'm still not sure this is something I want to deal with while on the road. How did you deal with the difference in the threads on the hose hook ups?

Thanks!

AlanC2

2002 WIndsor PST

JD,

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

You should be able to purchase the hoses from splendide. They are in clackamas oregon. Very nice people to deal with in the parts department 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 8:13 AM, tmw188 said:

The new valves have std Hose threads. You will have to buy some fittings to convert your existing ones. You will need to get a Pex tool. If your lucky maybe they have already been replaced. Like I said verify with your existing valves for part. First three pics are of the old ones followed by the new ones. 

1C1649F5-210C-48AE-80E6-EA4F4B69D079.jpeg

03F2EFCE-6540-45F8-9B81-C3CA2C111878.jpeg

020F2231-8DDE-4A7A-8467-98DE5E914E6C.jpeg

13337F4F-D2DD-49B3-BB38-4D0BCA9D4DD6.jpeg

80B55E96-A7D3-487B-AE0F-6D7D26611230.jpeg

647B4AF6-6DD9-408F-95A6-B2E9E0367FC6.jpeg

5C40D436-3E19-4969-BC75-6347214B2C06.jpeg

Todd, 

Thanks for all of the pics. I ordered the valves, and picked up all of the fittings I would need before I tackled the project. Much to my surprise,  non of the fittings, or the 10' section of PEX that I bought were needed. It was a straightforward job, as the valves were apparently changed before, and the threads matched. I pressurized the plumbing and ran some water into the machine, and everything worked as it should without leaks. I will run a load of laundry through when we get to our next destination that has full hookups.  

Thank you again!

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

• 1 year later...

I have a 2004 Monaco Dynasty and just took it out of winterization and noticed the hot water valve on the Splendide washer/dryer combo Model SD802M seems to be stuck slightly open causing water to fill the washer drum when not in use. I contacted splendide for a new hot water valve part number 116102549 but they no longer sell  the valve and do not offer an alternate option.  Seems like others have had similar issue and have replaced with different brand of valve.  If you have successfully done this I would appreciate any pointers for the correct valve to buy to minimize modifications to washer/dryer.  Thanks.