Data port access

I have a 2007 HR Endeavor.  There is what I hope is an OBD data port mounted on the left side of the steering column.  It has a round plastic cap on it.  I have tried turning it to unscrew it, but it doesn't budge.  So before I reef on it and brake it, I thought I better ask if anyone has any idea how this cap comes off.  I'm considering a Bluefire adapter and my ipad to display engine info. 

Tim

IMG_4442.JPG

IMG_4443.JPG

Tim, I believe it is a partial turn counter-clockwise. I also think it helps to push in on the cap as you turn. On my 2000 Signature there is a port on both sides of the steering column. I added the Bluefire to my bus and love it. No more leaning up to see all the gauges. I mounted the Amazon tablet to the drivers window so I can easily look over and it doesn't block my mirror view. Good luck.

PS: I knew my odometer was off a bit but when we scanned the computer it turns out that the odometer/trip meter show 120,000 while the actual engine/transmission data shows 112,000.

54 minutes ago, klcdenver said:

I think you push in turn about a 1/4 turn

Yours is just like mine. Push and 1/4 turn to the left. BTW- Scanguage D is the code reader that fits this if you have a deisel system.

1 hour ago, SteveC said:

PS: I knew my odometer was off a bit but when we scanned the computer it turns out that the odometer/trip meter show 120,000 while the actual engine/transmission data shows 112,000.

I had that too and it was wrong setting for differential gear, by 15%.

33 minutes ago, SteveC said:

What was weird was the odometer was/is off 13% but the speedometer is right on the money.

The speedometer gauge can be calibrated from behind to show correctly, that would not effect the mile counter since it is a separate non adjustable gauge, at least on ours. Just a possibility. An other is the tire size but that would be relatively minor.

As long as you have a dataport near the steering wheel (6 or 9 pin) you can add Bluefire. If your bus is a 6 pin, you will need to get a 6 to 9 adapter. I added Bluefire to my 2000 Signature and love it. It puts my instrument cluster (which I created) at eye level. I no longer need to bend forward to scan the gauges. The other thing I like is you can design your dash with either graphic or text gauges. Speed I like to see text numbers. Oil pressure, graphic gauge. Your choice. You can use both graphic and text on the same gauge.

21 minutes ago, SteveC said:

As long as you have a dataport near the steering wheel (6 or 9 pin) you can add Bluefire. If your bus is a 6 pin, you will need to get a 6 to 9 adapter. I added Bluefire to my 2000 Signature and love it. It puts my instrument cluster (which I created) at eye level. I no longer need to bend forward to scan the gauges. The other thing I like is you can design your dash with either graphic or text gauges. Speed I like to see text numbers. Oil pressure, graphic gauge. Your choice. You can use both graphic and text on the same gauge.

Steve, do you have a photo of how you mounted the ipad.  Also have you had any problems with bluefire dropping off and then reconnecting?   I used a bluetooth dongle on my F350 powerstroke when I towed our 5th wheel, and I was very pleased with being able to see all the important info.  Sure hope this bluefire works out.

10 minutes ago, snoracer said:

Steve, do you have a photo of how you mounted the ipad.  Also have you had any problems with bluefire dropping off and then reconnecting?   I used a bluetooth dongle on my F350 powerstroke when I towed our 5th wheel, and I was very pleased with being able to see all the important info.  Sure hope this bluefire works out.

This is a link to the tablet holder I got on Amazon. I mounted it to the side drivers window. It doesn't block my view out the side or my view of the mirror.

The bluetooth does well. With recent firmware and software updates on the Bluefire, connections are stable. I found out my odometer showed 120,000 miles but the actual miles was only 112,000.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F24MH6I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1