2008 Monaco Cayman IRD Auxiliary Start

Help, I installed a new circuit board (main motherboard) which included and IRD auxiliary start in my diesel Monaco Cayman.  It was working charging both Coach and Chassis batteries from the engine running.  I put my probe on the purple wire on the trombetta solenoid in the battery compartment when I inadvertently shorted it to ground.  It quit working and I assumed I shorted and burned out the fuse.   The auxiliary switch still works.  Does anyone have any idea where the fuse is?  A member suggested number 33 fuse on the circuit board.  It was a 15 amp fuse metal and about 1/2 inches high.  I believe I am looking for a 5 amp fuse.  Really could use some help here. 

54 minutes ago, Jarry Mandrell said:

Help, I installed a new circuit board (main motherboard) which included and IRD auxiliary start in my diesel Monaco Cayman.  It was working charging both Coach and Chassis batteries from the engine running.  I put my probe on the purple wire on the trombetta solenoid in the battery compartment when I inadvertently shorted it to ground.  It quit working and I assumed I shorted and burned out the fuse.   The auxiliary switch still works.  Does anyone have any idea where the fuse is?  A member suggested number 33 fuse on the circuit board.  It was a 15 amp fuse metal and about 1/2 inches high.  I believe I am looking for a 5 amp fuse.  Really could use some help here. 

I got this when I had issues with charging. Don’t know if this is your issue but thought I’d throw it in there. It is available if this is your problem! I think it’s around $175.

Mega Tech of Oregon
Dual Charger Isolator, MT970 12 Volt Relay Operation
Any charging source (shore power, engine alternator, generator, etc.) will charge up both sets of batteries, but the batteries will be isolated during discharge. This helps preserve the ability to start the engine and recharge the entire system even if the house batteries have been discharged. In short, this device performs two functions:
1. It keeps the Chassis and House from discharging each other.
2. If either set of batteries is charging, the second set will also be charging.
The following three examples describe what an operator should expect to see under normal operating circumstances:
1. No charging source is connected, but some appliances are running.
In this case, the two battery systems will be isolated. One of the battery systems may fully discharge (due to some current draw), but the other battery may still be fresh.
2. One battery is discharged, and the other battery is connected to a charging source.
The Dual Charger Isolator will connect the two battery systems in order to charge both of the batteries.
3. Two or more charging sources are connected to the battery systems.
The two battery systems will be connected, and the combined current from the two charging systems will charge both the batteries.
Additional information of interest:
There are two delays and voltage thresholds:
1. There is a sixty second delay where the batteries are disconnected after the ignition is turned on. (This is to keep the engine starter motor from drawing current from the House batteries.)
2. There is a ten-second delay for on/off cycling. Off is below 12.2 volts. On is over 13.0 volts.
These ten second delays keep the systems from connecting and disconnecting when there are surge loads for short periods of time that drag down the battery voltage.

I would add a word of caution.  In order to use something like the mega tech board, you have to look carefully at the Boost Solenoid and the circuit and the outgoing signal.  Monaco used a variety of solenoids and control configurations.  Do you have a “continuous” boost solenoid that will take MegaTech board output and not burn up the boost.  It might be advisable to understand what Monaco finall homed in on for the Camelots.  The boost Solenoid is the 200 amp Intellitec Big boy.  There is one control module that allows for full BIRD (BiDirectional) charging so booths banks are charged from Shore and Genny….as well as from the alternator when driving.  There is also “isolation” protection when one bank is trying to steal and discharge another.  This configuration was the “standard” from 2009 on and used on the medium level coaches while the lower or entry level which  still had the persnickety IRD and only worked one way.  It is really simple.  There have been very few issues with it.  All you need is the Big Boy 200 A solenoid and the Bird Diesel 2 module.  It in essence, is an isolator, but more reliable.

https://intellitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/53-00839-000.pdf

https://intellitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/53-00507-100.pdf

read up on them  simple and robust.  BTW, IF you look closely at my two screen shots, the GENNY ON terminal is not used. You can download the 2009 Camelot prints.  Then find the one with the REAR RUN on it.  I can’t add prints from a file on my iPad.  So I zoomed in on the circuit as well as the Print number. Use the term WIRING in the search box and only select FILES.  The Camelot prints have an index and you can print only one.

then you would have the more advanced and standard systems on the Camelots and, I think, later on the Diplomats.

just food for thought.

6D0EF9ED-C6A4-43F6-A126-206AB32B5B72.png

E18735FF-73DA-426A-9B63-93825361F32C.png