Lower Slide Seal Options

Hello, the lower seal on my main room slide on my 2000 Dynasty got damaged as it came loose when the slide was going in or out.

Is there a specific seal needed for the Monaco models, or will just a generic seal work? It seems fairly simple to change so  just want to make sure I get the correct part so I don't have to do it twice.

Thanks,

Kerry 

Kerry,

Could you post a picture of your slide seal. Or even a few pictures would be nice.  Monaco used so many different types of seals, it would be hard for us to offer suggestions with know what they used on your coach..  But, then again, maybe a 2000 Dynasty owner might chime in.

On 3/11/2023 at 5:50 AM, veraken said:

I recently replaced mine.  Here is where I got mine.   https://www.recpro.com/rv-slide-out-seal-3-inch-wiper-seal-with-adhesive/   I reinforced it with aluminum flat bar which I got at HD  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-in-x-96-in-Aluminum-Flat-Bar-with-1-8-in-T-802557/204276137.   Got this idea from Happycarz on IRV2.

Click image for larger version  Name: IMG_5795.jpg Views: 206 Size: 144.1 KB ID: 237868

That looks pretty much like mine came from the factory on my front two slides.

1 hour ago, Happycarz said:

Kerry,

Could you post a picture of your slide seal. Or even a few pictures would be nice.  Monaco used so many different types of seals, it would be hard for us to offer suggestions with know what they used on your coach..  But, then again, maybe a 2000 Dynasty owner might chime in.

Sorry, been raining all day here so I wasn't able to snap any pictures. I will when possible, but it looks the same as what veraken posted without the alum support strip.

On 3/11/2023 at 5:50 AM, veraken said:

I recently replaced mine.  Here is where I got mine.   https://www.recpro.com/rv-slide-out-seal-3-inch-wiper-seal-with-adhesive/   I reinforced it with aluminum flat bar which I got at HD  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-in-x-96-in-Aluminum-Flat-Bar-with-1-8-in-T-802557/204276137.   Got this idea from Happycarz on IRV2.

Click image for larger version  Name: IMG_5795.jpg Views: 206 Size: 144.1 KB ID: 237868

Thank you, that's the same seal as mine. Great idea on the aluminum support so appreciate you sharing that idea as well!

That picture he posted was of mine. It had the strip from the factory. I had to drill the rivets and replace them. 

Copy and paste from iRV2 post.

Mine uses a 4" wide wiper seal with no bulbs. I removed the aluminum retainer, removed the old seal, and using the 5/8" attached 3M tape I stuck it in place and reattached the retainer.

My seal from the factory was installed too high, causing it to curl up against the bottom of slide, and not flip back and forth as the slide moved in/out. Not a problem when new, but after 10 years it developed a set and would not seal tightly. Sitting on my couch, I could feel a draft at my ankles. I installed the new one lower so it would flip back and forth.

Part # R854050 Accu-Slide 

It is the one in right lower of the picture, not the one with the arrow.

46CC7785-D5A7-4555-B821-E5A7E00CE32C.jpeg

AE2E8B34-33B8-4C71-AE20-37E06E68406D.jpeg

AB4539A5-4904-4815-A2F6-97132B1C09A0.jpeg

82A3D036-2159-4466-A9A7-260F39308D25.jpeg

43 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Well those screws and fender washers along with the tape aren't doing too bad of a job!

The aluminum strip over top would be better, but.....

Agreed, but it's all about making it better than when new! It definitely shows someone has worked on it before, and they chose to patch it up rather than fix correctly.