Tow capacity

I'm not certain on the weight rating on a 1994 model.  But most of the early coaches with the C8.3L Cummins and Allison 4 spd trans were rated to tow 5000 pounds.  The 5.9L Cummins coaches were rated for less, but it depends.  

What are you trying to tow?

My search says your 38’ 1994 Dynasty which weighs 29000lbs has a GVWR of 32000lbs. 

However it also lists the chassis as being a Freightliner with a 300HP Cummins engine so not sure how accurate it is now, I would have assumed a Roadmaster chassis?

Edited by BradHend

13 hours ago, Monaco said:

Thanks

It has the Roadmaster R2900 chassis and the ID tag says GVWR 29000

19000 rear

10000 front 

My 1993 Dynasty has a 28,000 GVWR, 19K rear and 9K front.
I've been towing my 24' enclosed race trailer, approx 9K loaded, for years without any problems, but I am very close on the rear axle weight.
Definitely use a 10K rated equalizing hitch, and I run with a pretty high load setting on the spring bars.

I also upgraded my tire size and load range, as I don't like running tires right at the limit.

I want a larger trailer, but the only way I'll do that is with an aluminum trailer, as I don't want any more weight, and preferably a bit less.

Edited by dl_racing427

6 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

My 1993 Dynasty has a 28,000 GVWR, 19K rear and 9K front.
I've been towing my 24' enclosed race trailer, approx 9K loaded, for years without any problems, but I am very close on the rear axle weight.
Definitely use a 10K rated equalizing hitch, and I run with a pretty high load setting on the spring bars.

I also upgraded my tire size and load range, as I don't like running tires right at the limit.

I want a larger trailer, but the only way I'll do that is with an aluminum trailer, as I don't want any more weight, and preferably a bit less.

Thank you David for the response

that’s good news!

So you upgrade your coach’s tire size?

12 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

Yes.  My coach had 10R22.5's stock.
After some measuring, I was able to go to 11R22.5's without any significant clearance issues.

Interesting….I never thought to check that. 
my ID tag says 19000 with 285/75 and the coach has 295/75R 22.5  dual rating 5675 comes to 22,700lbs. 
explains why when I drop the air dump my tires hit the inner fender wells. 

do you know what your tongue weight is?

i was just assuming you probably carry a lot of tools and fuel in the front of your trailer. 

5 hours ago, Monaco said:

Interesting….I never thought to check that. 
my ID tag says 19000 with 285/75 and the coach has 295/75R 22.5  dual rating 5675 comes to 22,700lbs. 
explains why when I drop the air dump my tires hit the inner fender wells. 

do you know what your tongue weight is?

i was just assuming you probably carry a lot of tools and fuel in the front of your trailer. 

My tongue weight is probably around 500 - 700 pounds, though I haven't measured it specifically.
I rely on the equalizing hitch to help prevent overloading the rear coach axle.  It takes quite a lot of preload due to the long overhang.