Power seat with no power

Just Jim

new to me 2003 Monaco Executive.

The passenger side seat would not work, so I checked the power coming to the seat and it reads zero.  I checked the drivers side and it has 12 volts.  I tried to check the fuses but that is where I got confused.  The diagram shows the PS seat is 15 amp fuse at position 7.  One problem is that there is 3 banks of fuses all with a position 7.  So, looking at the diagram it shows a 7.5, 5, 15 and a 15 and positions 5, 6, 7 and 8.  I checked those two 15a fuses... both good.  Then I left the fuses out and still had power to the driver side.  Then I unplugged the wiring harness from position 5-8 and still had power to the driver seat.  So...  I have the wrong bank of fuses?  It should not have power if you pull the fuse, correct?  I also made a jumper wire from the driver to the passenger side and the seat works fine, so it is a problem with getting power to the chair.

Any ideas of what to try next?  Another location for fuses?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

20230416_094224.jpg

20230416_094217.jpg

20230416_094235.jpg

49 minutes ago, Notn2bars said:

Jim, I know you probably already did this. Did you check inside the wrap that covers the wires coming out of the floor to the seat?.  I had a similar issue, it turned out one of the connectors inside the wrap had come undone!

Also, sometimes rather than the connector coming undone, the wire will pull out of the crimp.

31 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Also, sometimes rather than the connector coming undone, the wire will pull out of the crimp.

I will double check the wire coming from the floor.  I did not trace it all the way.

43 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

It is my understanding that the seats up front do NOT have fuses, they are protected with auto-resetting circuit breakers.

Not sure if that is a "blanket" statement or not.

any idea where a auto resetting circuit breaker might hide? 

2 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

08 Nav has 2 fuses in the FRB…L & R. At the back of the chair you should have a plug with 12V power. After the plug the 12V splits to the various functions.

I am trying to determine which fuse is the one I need to check for the passenger side.  I have tested for 12v power at the plug under the seat... no power on the passenger side and 12v on the drivers side.  There are 3 blocks of fuses in the FRB, the one that looks like the one in the diagram has no effect on either seat.  I removed the fuse and even disconnected the wire plug going to the fuse block and still had power on the driver side.  Any suggestions of which fuse is the one I'm looking for?   The fuse block on the right is the one I've checked. 

20230416_094235.jpg