no start/no light on transmission shifter

Go to solution Solved by Guest Ray Davis,

I have a 2005 Monaco Dynasty. I have been in it for the last 6 months and just returned to Canada. Took it to the RV Repair shop for aquahot warranty work. The motorhome sat for 2 days and when the shop guys went to start it,,, it would not even turn over, ,, all the dash lights worked except for the indicator on the transmission shifter. Also, the chassis batteries are 2 weeks old. Thanks to all for your responses and ideas. Much appreciated.

Very common problem. Shifter control also controls neutral safety switch. Look for box under shifter panel. Wiring compartment left side of driver. Box has eight screws holding cover. Remove cover and replace ten amp fuse. Light for panel should come on and neutral safety switch will now allow starter to engauge.  Thousands of dollars spent for this ten amp fuse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg Coffey said:

Thank you very much for the replies,, I will be checking the fuse,, will let you know how it turns out.

Greg

before even doing that, check the voltage of the batteries.  That's the highest probability that something was left on and the batteries are discharged.

If battery are OK, then check the fuse.

• Solution
Guest Ray Davis

Check the small wires connected to the chassis positive.  There should be 2 wires & fuses, 1 for the engine & 1 for the trans.

• 2 weeks later...

It was the wiring on the battery. i had changed my chassis batteries in Az. ,, drove here and then the problem started with no start. The cables going to my batteries neg terminal, seemed tight but not tight enough and also, not cleaned properly when changed. I could have prevented the problem entirely if I had slowed down and changed my batteries properly, by cleaning the pos and neg wiring before installation. Thank you everyone for your replies. This place is a library of info,,, thanks. Regards, Greg Coffey 2005 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV. Towing a honda Ridgeline