Windshield Seal

Hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice and input on my windshield.  
Part of the lower gasket has kind of bulged up and separated from the mating seal.  

Based off of these pictures - while I highly doubt easy and cheap based on my experience elsewhere on the coach - this isn’t as simple as cleaning the area, applying a sealant and pressing it back together is it?

Much appreciated.  TIA. 

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

Have you seen any sign of actual leaking YET?

I would probably be wrong,,,,( I have learned most of what I know in life from trial and error----mostly error )  but absent being able to get a good installer to come over and help, that is what I might do.  Maybe a hair dryer (heat gun might get too hot) to warm things up and make it pliable.

18 minutes ago, TomV48 said:

Have you seen any sign of actual leaking YET?

No leaks so far anywhere on the windshield. 🤞 

Was this stored outside during your winters??

If so it may have gotten water in the seal and popped when the water froze.

I'd clean it good and like the previous poster suggest use a hair dryer to heat it a little and see if you can re seat it.

It is stored indoors over winter but not heated.  Possible water got in and froze.  
The bulging material is still quite pliable and I am able to force it to sit tight into basically the tongue I guess of the mating seal, but it just pops right back out.  Wasn’t sure if I could just do that with some kind of bonding agent and hold it in place. Something like that at least.  

It looks to me that the gasket where the strip goes into has split.

The window gasket needs to be replaced unless you can glue the whole thing together.

I'd try, if it was mine, is to clean that area up with denatured alcohol and then get some black polyurethane glue and glue it all together and somehow clamp it together until the glue dried(about 24 hrs).

HTH.

SkipH

6 hours ago, Sjholt12 said:

It looks to me that the gasket where the strip goes into has split.

The window gasket needs to be replaced unless you can glue the whole thing together.

I'd try, if it was mine, is to clean that area up with denatured alcohol and then get some black polyurethane glue and glue it all together and somehow clamp it together until the glue dried(about 24 hrs).

HTH.

SkipH

There is a 3M RTV Windshield sealer commonly available in small tubes or bigger caulking ones that the glass installers use.  I have tacked down a spot or two as well as used it for clearance lights and some minor automotive windshield leaks,  it bonds well to rubber. That would be my choice for a repair.  YES…I’d try fixing and get the repair “bedded” in the RTV….probably outlast the MH.

The seal is meant to be split like that to make glass installation easy. The small rib on the lower side is meant to fit into a groove on the upper side. You shouldn't need to heat it. They make special seal locking tools that make the job easier but with a little manipulation by hand it should simply lock back together, working from one end to the other. This same type of seal is used on most construction equipment.

I figured as much and I am able to get them to seat together in the tongue and groove, but they just pop back out.  Think it would be a bad idea to bond them together?