2003 Monaco Camelot - Aquahot help

I have 2003 Camelot and not finding much in the way of items pertaining this model of coach. I need help with a couple issues

EDIT.....have copied the Aquahot from the followup post and added it below.  This is now an Aquahot issue and not "general information
End of Edit. Tom Cherry - Moderator

have aqua hot system, have fresh water leak, from the burner unit, clear water not boiler fluid what could be the problem

Fire away, Carl.  A lot of the components, features and wiring are similar or the same as other coach models.  

15 minutes ago, djlgnd said:

I have 2003 Camelot and not finding much in the way of items pertaining this model of coach. I need help with a couple issues

Tne 2003 was a funky year.  There are no “Monaco Online Owners Manuals”.  I believe….and others will correct or verify…LOL….that Monaco badged the Camelots and the Windsor’s the same that year.  The wiring diagrams are the same.  There has been chatter about knowing exactly “where” some of those coaches were made….Oregon or Indiana….as the “general” construction was the same, but there were some differences, perhaps, in the components..

i do NOT believe there was a 2002 Camelot  Then, there may have been some chassis changes to comingle the two name plates.  I don’t know exactly when the Scepter came out, but the Scepter and Camelot were or are twins…

OK….here’s some googling to do.  Google Holiday Rambler Owners Manuals.  The 2003 Scepter is there.  Download and do a quick comparison ito your manual.  The  HR site also has the Sales Brochures.  That is a valuable tool.  Download.  Then Google Monaco Motor Home Owners Manuals. You will not find a 2003…but there IS a 2003 Camelot Sales Brochure.  Compare the two….2003 Camelot to Scepter.  If they are the same…as i think they will be….BINGO.

Then….download the 2003 Winsdor Sales Brochure.  Same?  Probably.  Look for identical copy in the end as they describe the features by each area.  Then look at the Camelot and Scepter.

If i am correct….then that nails it and you can watch what is posted for the other models.  Pay attention to the description of the chassis and suspension and the walls and floor and roof details.

Hope this helps…

Oh !!!! Thank you so much. My Unit was built in Coburg Oregon. will do as you say been frustrated for a couple years now, and i am in Canada so any help is good help as the nearest dealer is in Ontario and i am in British Columbia west coast of canada

1 hour ago, BradHend said:

Fire away, Carl.  A lot of the components, features and wiring are similar or the same as other coach models.  

EDIT.  You have asked two questions.  I have "stricken through" the bottom one and edited the Title to address the Aquahot question....so that is now the topic.  Please post another topic and keep just one issue to each topic.  Use the same format or similar that I did to the edited title.

END of EDIT... Tom Cherry - Moderator

have aqua hot system, have fresh water leak, from the burner unit, clear water not boiler fluid what could be the problem. and secondly the awening arm beside the door, is loose as the bolts have pulled out any recommendations on reattaching the arm

1 hour ago, Tom Cherry said:

Tne 2003 was a funky year.  There are no “Monaco Online Owners Manuals”.  I believe….and others will correct or verify…LOL….that Monaco badged the Camelots and the Windsor’s the same that year.  The wiring diagrams are the same.  There has been chatter about knowing exactly “where” some of those coaches were made….Oregon or Indiana….as the “general” construction was the same, but there were some differences, perhaps, in the components..

i do NOT believe there was a 2002 Camelot  Then, there may have been some chassis changes to comingle the two name plates.  I don’t know exactly when the Scepter came out, but the Scepter and Camelot were or are twins…

OK….here’s some googling to do.  Google Holiday Rambler Owners Manuals.  The 2003 Scepter is there.  Download and do a quick comparison ito your manual.  The  HR site also has the Sales Brochures.  That is a valuable tool.  Download.  Then Google Monaco Motor Home Owners Manuals. You will not find a 2003…but there IS a 2003 Camelot Sales Brochure.  Compare the two….2003 Camelot to Scepter.  If they are the same…as i think they will be….BINGO.

Then….download the 2003 Winsdor Sales Brochure.  Same?  Probably.  Look for identical copy in the end as they describe the features by each area.  Then look at the Camelot and Scepter.

If i am correct….then that nails it and you can watch what is posted for the other models.  Pay attention to the description of the chassis and suspension and the walls and floor and roof details.

Hope this helps…

any ideas on how to reattach the over the door awening arm as it has pulled out of the body

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 Monaco Camelot - Aquahot help
1 hour ago, Tom Cherry said:

Hope this helps…

When I do this my 2003 Windsor is comparable to the 2003 Imperial. 

1 hour ago, Russ R said:

When I do this my 2003 Windsor is comparable to the 2003 Imperial. 

One set of drawings lists the Imperial as “included” on the drawings.  Past that, only looking at 5he factory drawing in your manual and seeing what models or badges were included in the “released for” is the only way to determine.  I guess youndould compare the Scepter and Imperial manuals.  I know that the 2005 Imperial was a top drawer electronic marvel with more PCB’S than i ever  saw…but that changed in 2006 with the Intellitec MPX.

djlgnd doubt that you will find much for aquahot help in Lillooet area but there is a repair guy out of Port Angeles WA who does mobile as well. You might be able to make a vacation out of it if needing repair as not that far for you. He has a youtube channel My rv works and shows how to service aquahot. My excellent appliance repair man in Mesa recommended him as close to me in Blaine WA. Also I can recommend Tedco RV repairs in Langley for service and parts. Good luck Don.

Edited by diplomat don
spelling

Carl,

I also had a fresh water leak in our Aqua Hot.  If you are very lucky it could be in the plumbing between the cabinet entry and the boiler.   But, more than likely it's in the fresh water copper loop that wraps around the outside of the boiler.  On these early systems the fresh water copper tubing wraps around the outside of the boiler.  The area near the bottom exhaust port is exposed and can develop leaks.  

Some guys have managed to repair the copper tubing on the existing unit.   Others have elected to replace the boiler assembly.  

It's a lot of work removing the entire Aqua Hot unit so I elected to replace the boiler.  I'm so glad we did this as it works so much better now.  

The picture attached below shows the bottom of the boiler where the copper tubing is exposed and developed a leak. 

This link is to the thread where I replaced the boiler.  

Old boiler bottom picture.jpg

Edited by vito.a