Loss of turbo boost gauge - 2005 Camelot

46 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

โ€ฆstop looking at the gauge

Pull into the next Harbor Freight and buy a $10.00 gauge in order to verify that you even have a problem. Duct tape would hold 25 lbs of pressure for a while because of a fitting mismatch. If you don't have a problem they might even give you a refund if you haven't lost the receipt. I'd try it.ย  ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by Gary Cole

Many thanks, When I tightened the clamp around the turbo it was loose. Had to make a few turns with the socket before it started to get tight. I am driving to Rock Springs, WY in the AM and we will see if I fixed the issue.

Dave

28 minutes ago, Dave Shackelford said:

Many thanks, When I tightened the clamp around the turbo it was loose. Had to make a few turns with the socket before it started to get tight. I am driving to Rock Springs, WY in the AM and we will see if I fixed the issue.

Dave

You likely have a small tube connected on the turbo air outlet to measure the boost pressure.ย  Make sure that tube is still attached and isn't melted.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Ray Davis

What happened Dave?ย  How did you go from an inop gauge to needing a head?ย  ย Where are you now?

You may have me confused with someone else on the inop guage. My original issue was loss of Turbo boost. That turned out to be a broken exhaust manifold bolt. Upon further review, we also discovered a cracked head ๐Ÿ˜ž Have now ordered everything thru Cummins ๐Ÿ˜ž $8K ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž

Dave

ย 

ย 

ย 

Guest Ray Davis
On 5/17/2023 at 8:48 PM, Dave Shackelford said:

Guys, While driving in the hills of New Mexico today I noticed my turbo boost gauge stopped working.

OK,ย  I guess the title and this original post had me confusedโ˜๏ธ