2000 Navigator Fuel Filters

First time fuel filter change on my 2000 Navigator with a Cummins ISM and 161,000 miles, my question is twofold.  I have the primary and secondary filters to install hopefully this weekend but the  unit also has a pre-filter that needs to be serviced.  In the manual they say it can be cleaned but considering it's age I would prefer to just replace it.  Anybody knows what that is and if it's worth replacing as well as o ring size?  

Secondly on my Racor board the Air Purge button is seized and the H2O purge is missing, anyway I can purge the air in another way or ideas on what I should do?

Thank you in advance

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

Mine still works well (as of last filter change) and since you have no lift pump to cycle, I would try to 'unstuck' the button if that is all it needs. It is just a momentary switch with a timer, if the motor still works. As for the pre-filter, I replaced it once because it was deformed by heat but otherwise I would just clean the stainless mesh inside of it. I might have reused the orings or used orings from my assortment box but don't remember the dimensions, unfortunately but they weren't anything special. 

• Like 1

The Racor 300200 is still available, https://www.racorstore.com/racor-300200-prefilter-w-o-ring-200-mic.html Also, there are 4 O-rings, two on the pre-filter and two inside the housing holding the pre-filter. They are different sizes, so take note. As Ivan said, you can probably clean up your old one and install new O-rings. The thumb screw is what holds it all together. Make sure it is snug when reassembling and you should be good to go.

Edited by Frank Bergamo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I think the pre-filter is the clear little one in the picture.  It comes with the O rings.  On my old dynasty it is a 300200.

4 hours ago, Frank Bergamo said:

The Racor 300200 is still available, https://www.racorstore.com/racor-300200-prefilter-w-o-ring-200-mic.html Also, there are 4 O-rings, two on the pre-filter and two inside the housing holding the pre-filter. They are different sizes, so take note. As Ivan said, you can probably clean up your old one and install new O-rings. The thumb screw is what holds it all together. Make sure it is snug when reassembling and you should be good to go.

It looks like mine, I will be buying one for sure and clean my current one as a spare. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Mine still works well (as of last filter change) and since you have no lift pump to cycle, I would try to 'unstuck' the button if that is all it needs. It is just a momentary switch with a timer, if the motor still works. As for the pre-filter, I replaced it once because it was deformed by heat but otherwise I would just clean the stainless mesh inside of it. I might have reused the orings or used orings from my assortment box but don't remember the dimensions, unfortunately but they weren't anything special. 

That's plan number one, already working on it but so far I haven't been successful, I probably will dismantle it this weekend to see if I can get it unstuck.

8 hours ago, Analyte said:

Typically just cycling the key multiple times to get the pump to prime will purge the air. When I change mine I usually prefill the primary, even though many say not to, just to speed up the process 

Not my first choice as I was told it wasn't a good idea to let the injectors run dry but yeah I may have to resort to that.

Thank you all, really appreciate this.

Edited by RedSectorA

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 9:35 PM, RedSectorA said:

It looks like mine, I will be buying one for sure and clean my current one as a spare. Thank you!

That's plan number one, already working on it but so far I haven't been successful, I probably will dismantle it this weekend to see if I can get it unstuck.

Not my first choice as I was told it wasn't a good idea to let the injectors run dry but yeah I may have to resort to that.

Thank you all, really appreciate your help.

On 5/31/2023 at 5:28 PM, Frank Bergamo said:

I tried ordering it from 2 different places on the net and the are backorder for the last year or so.  May be hard to find one at this time.  Still haven't changed the primary and secondary filter, have been dealing with other issues on the coach 😂😂.  I will get there shortly.